Cafe Racer Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
No problem, but when you retighten those crankcase bolts make sure to torque them to the recommended settings.
add to that if they have copper washers; your should 'anneal' the copper to reuse them, simple step, you just heat copper until it glows, let it cool slow and it makes the copper washer softer to use a second or third time :geek:

·
Registered
89 Posts
One of the best carb cleaning products I found out about was Pinesol. I have used it full strength. Use gloves as it will take your skin off but works great on the carbs. Rinse with hot water and blow dry with compressed air. The stuff is really amazing but dont soak for too long just enough to remove the grime and solidified petrol. So much for cleaning seems you never washed dishes or anything else. Get your moms advice I bet she can set you straight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alright the journey continues ladies and gents and “operation ressurection” has hit a bit of a corroded snag. Might need to emphasize the “ressurection” part of the title.

as the bike was stored in a backyard with no spark plugs in it I figured that there may be some debris in the cylinders that should be inspected before I start her up. Well…..it turns out there was a bit of “debris” and it looks pretty intense. Lots of build up in the 2nd cylinder and will need a significant amount of cleaning it the bike is to live again. Pictures provided and all suggestions are welcome. Of which I’m sure atleast 1/3 will be “get a new bike”. Thanks for going on the journey with me

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Machine Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

21 - 26 of 26 Posts