Cafe Racer Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
thanks! im surprised you get money from them so quickly. thats an excellent gig. i avoid doing install work at all costs. its expensive to have me come in and im slow and not great at it. i dont have a mhic to do it either. i try to sub big stuff to other people who have it though. i hate leaving my shop and hauling tools around. the best case is i make it, you pick it up.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
JC,
Actually I didn't mean to imply that the city pays me quickly. The "name my price - cut a check" process takes at LEAST two weeks. But the money comes right on schedule.

Customer pickup...ahhh, another perk of a large shop. I HAVE to deliver the stuff cause I don't have room to leave it in my shop.

How much for a roll top desk and a sleigh bed? :)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
my buddy uses a plasma cutter extensively.....by the way it's nice to see people posting again.....

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
depending on finish and options, you'd be looking at about an average of about 10-12k for both. could easily be more.

2 weeks is still pretty damned sweet. i mean thats great. you do know youre supposed to claim anything over 400 though right?? just because they dont 10-99 you doesnt mean you dont have to claim it. especially if its a check you deposit. 7 years man, 7 years. i'll see you in debtors prison.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
JC,
I freakin WISH I made enough off them that I'd have to worry about the IRS! Probably only a couple G's a year.

What's cool is since it's a city check it's not likey the IRS is going to be auditing them. And I don't make enough for the IRS to be concerned with me. It would cost them 10 times more to investigate than they'd ever see in fines.

I'm a lowly bartender, nobody cares about us, we are the downtrodden poor minimum wage service industry employees.
JohnnyB

21 - 25 of 25 Posts