Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nameyourporsche.com/

whilst looking around the net for something close to the 90's carrera porsche logo I came across the above link. I am all for making custom badges for projects, esp if you sre good at design and really want something to set off your project. However....just look at the 911 named "bruce' and well...draw your own conclusion.

my favorite:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Ghey in practice? Ghey in theroy, practice, whatever, it's just ghey.

Sad indeed, Tex.

I actually replaced the PORSCHE reflector on the back of my SC with a match-painted fiberglass plate so there was NO evidence of logo aside from the crest on the hood.

I looked at a 2004 Carrera the other day that had the ghey retro "Carrera" decal on the rocker panels. I asked the guy if I were to buy it would he take them off. He lloked at me like I was crazy. I HATE that crap and putting anything ever more ghey, such as your name or thanks daddy is, well......... super ghey.

on a side note - I'm sad because I'm picking up the new owner of my SC at the airport tomorrow. I sure am gonna miss that car.
[
]

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always liked the porsche and carrera side stripes (with the exception of the ones the cayennes have - but I just don't like cayenne's in general). the old porsche side stripes (and the original shelby GT350 stripes which are almost identical) are good solid design, and the carrera stripes...well... for germans it was a pretty bold and wacky thing to do and I like it when germans are wacky.
Personally I like custom touches that try to look factory - the problem with this one, there isn't anything you can write that wouldn't look ghey short of making up your own model porsche never made.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
On an old (pre 1990ish) Carrera the graphics are OK, and actually make some cars look better. I don't like the new taking from old. I think the fact they have kept the same style font for Carrera over the years is great. I think it's a subtle reminder of where the newer cars came from and therefore adds a touch of history, but thats where I prefer it to stop.

I was at the promotion party (for all of 20 mins)of the new Porsche 991. It's better looking in person. It's beautiful! The dealership had 8 cars on the floor ranging from a 73 RS RHD, to the brand new 991, it was nicley done.
I may be heading down to DC on wednesday to pick up a new (old 996 C4S). I'm having a PPI done tuesday and if it checks out and I can get the seller to the price I want, I think I'll pull the trigger.
(What am I turning into? A car with power everything? AC? Radio? Jeez, I've gone soft or I'm too old.)

·
Registered
541 Posts
One of the things I like about my ghetto little fiat x1/9 is that all the emblems are on the top of the trunks. The bad part is every one asks if it's a triumph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts