Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
319 Posts
I'm sorry guys. I honestly don't know how to escalate this any farther or any faster than I already have. I know they tried a 'simple fix', but it didn't work. All we can do is wait.

Neil

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Neil,

What's really going on here? was it an upgrade that caused this? was the site hacked? Has a root cause analysis been done? I am trying to be patient, but this format is almost literally unreadable.

·
Administrator
319 Posts
It was the migration of the site from VS's in-house servers to Google Cloud. Each of my sites that has been migrated have had something or another break....from image uploads and the like button to a few other odd, random things. This site is only one of a couple that have had the skin break. This morning, I tried to sneak in an upgrade to the ticket that certainly exists already....not sure it'll help, but I did try. ;) I agree, the site is pretty difficult to use as it stands, but it IS do-able.

Neil

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It was the migration of the site from VS's in-house servers to Google Cloud. Each of my sites that has been migrated have had something or another break....from image uploads and the like button to a few other odd, random things. This site is only one of a couple that have had the skin break. This morning, I tried to sneak in an upgrade to the ticket that certainly exists already....not sure it'll help, but I did try. ;) I agree, the site is pretty difficult to use as it stands, but it IS do-able.

Neil

Thanks Neil.

Figures that Google had something to do with the problems....... :D

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Thanks to Alan in tech support for his exceptional--and unscheduled--work to restore this site. Very much appreciated by all, I'm sure. :thumbup:

Neil

21 - 37 of 37 Posts