Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
7,411 Posts
I don't know....I've used them for a bunch of stuff. A little pricey on some things, but I've always been happy with what I've gotten from them. I've had them lace up custom hub/wheel setups, bought spoke kits, rims etc. Haven't had a problem yet.
JohnnyB

· Premium Member
7,411 Posts
Did they assemble the wheel that broke the SS spokes?

9 times out of ten broken spokes are caused by improper assembly and maintainance of the wheel. Usually caused by a wheel put together too loose...allows the spokes to flex...they work harden...they break. And since SS work hardens much quicker than regular steel they will break sooner on a poorly maintained or assembled wheel.
JohnnyB

· Premium Member
7,411 Posts
There are a TON of race bikes using SS spokes...but in general they tend to be a gauge or two heavier than OEM. Don't think I've ever seen an SS spoke fail on a race bike. Tons of 700 lb Harley's use them too. I'm guessing Buchannan's made some error on assembly or sizing.
They need some special care....proper use of anti galling lubricant and they like to be kept tight.
JohnnyB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.