Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These looks really fun to me. I'm pretty sure I won't be picking one up though so I wanted to let you guys know about them. Anyone familiar with this bikes they get obscene millage I imagine.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
post a link or auction number.......

and fill out your profile.

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
hoshnasi,

i'm not telling you anymore till you fill out your profile.

i am the only one here that knows what a "folk lock" is too.

yes, i know....i'm a dick!

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
hoshnasi,

i'm not telling you anymore till you fill out your profile.

i am the only one here that knows what a "folk lock" is too.

yes, i know....i'm a dick!

tex

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woah, sorry guys. I'm just posting this because I was looking at it. I'm not the seller.

Updating profile right after I post this.

Edit to ask, how well would the 70cc bike be for going around town? Whats a decent price for this bike?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woah, sorry guys. I'm just posting this because I was looking at it. I'm not the seller.

Updating profile right after I post this.

Edit to ask, how well would the 70cc bike be for going around town? Whats a decent price for this bike?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
hosh,

a folk lock is actually a fork lock. the seller has sausages for fingers and doesn't proofread very well. that's why he talks of millage and not mileage.

second, what sort of town is los alamitos? is it like LA, Baltimore, NYC? the reason i ask is that this would not be real good over 35mph. it will go 35mph, but how long do you want to ring it's pretty little neck?

not my cup of tea...but if it was i'd go a grand, after i heard and saw it run, and also saw the clean title. seller having some receipts from the rebuild would help. i see these S90 chassis/engines all the time on ebay. yeah, they aren't all pretty and shiny, but that is what YOU are for....to make it all pretty and shiny. they also can be had for $300-800 bucks.

i'd contact the dude and try to talk to him on the phone. something just doesn't seem right about this one.

anyone wonder why it looks like a chopper?

texy

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
hosh,

a folk lock is actually a fork lock. the seller has sausages for fingers and doesn't proofread very well. that's why he talks of millage and not mileage.

second, what sort of town is los alamitos? is it like LA, Baltimore, NYC? the reason i ask is that this would not be real good over 35mph. it will go 35mph, but how long do you want to ring it's pretty little neck?

not my cup of tea...but if it was i'd go a grand, after i heard and saw it run, and also saw the clean title. seller having some receipts from the rebuild would help. i see these S90 chassis/engines all the time on ebay. yeah, they aren't all pretty and shiny, but that is what YOU are for....to make it all pretty and shiny. they also can be had for $300-800 bucks.

i'd contact the dude and try to talk to him on the phone. something just doesn't seem right about this one.

anyone wonder why it looks like a chopper?

texy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I contacted the seller. Apparently he imports these from Vietnam.

quote:mporting vintaged bikes from Asia countries is my partime job. Mostly because I have some friends overthere and I, myself, just love to hang around with anything that are lubricated by oil and consume gases to run !!! Oh, yah, the SS70 and SS50 are from Viet Nam. Honda made these bikes around 1967-1972 and shipped them to the SouthEast Asia only since the bikes, with their small body and engine designed, are best fit for small and short usages terrain.
Thats what I received from him. I'm going to pass on this one as the bike I would want would at least need to hit 50mph.

Los Alamitos is small town in southern California. Its kind of like a beach town as its ten minutes to Seal beach. The two main drags in town are both 45mph. The commute to work is 10 miles, all side streets off the main street through town, so a small cc commuter would be plenty for me.

I'm going to look for a cb125s or a 350 I think.

Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I contacted the seller. Apparently he imports these from Vietnam.

quote:mporting vintaged bikes from Asia countries is my partime job. Mostly because I have some friends overthere and I, myself, just love to hang around with anything that are lubricated by oil and consume gases to run !!! Oh, yah, the SS70 and SS50 are from Viet Nam. Honda made these bikes around 1967-1972 and shipped them to the SouthEast Asia only since the bikes, with their small body and engine designed, are best fit for small and short usages terrain.
Thats what I received from him. I'm going to pass on this one as the bike I would want would at least need to hit 50mph.

Los Alamitos is small town in southern California. Its kind of like a beach town as its ten minutes to Seal beach. The two main drags in town are both 45mph. The commute to work is 10 miles, all side streets off the main street through town, so a small cc commuter would be plenty for me.

I'm going to look for a cb125s or a 350 I think.

Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts