Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can not be the first person this has happened to. Bike is a Honda CB360. I have one build that is running (or it was until last night) and another I bought as my next project. After removing the Pamco from the latest bike I found the wire had rubbed through the insulation and exposed the small red wire. The wires were routed correctly. The bike I finished this month and have ridden less than a hundred miles suddenly died on me last night. Battery fine, starter turns, plenty of gas, but no fire. On a hunch, I removed the points cover and found the same thing happened to Pamco wire that is supposed to run over top side of the timing shaft end of the cam. See photo pamco wire.jpg

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I've only done a couple hundred miles on my cb350 since installing the Pamco Chinese copy ignition, now I'm curious and plan to put the points cover when I get home. It has been running great though.
It's not a café racer, just a stock looking bike with a few upgrades to make it better and faster.

- - - Updated - - -

I've only done a couple hundred miles on my cb350 since installing the Pamco Chinese copy ignition, now I'm curious and plan to put the points cover when I get home. It has been running great though.
It's not a café racer, just a stock looking bike with a few upgrades to make it better and faster.
I've heard they don't run as good if you cut off half the frame and lower them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will of-course figure out a way to prevent this problem. I posted this because unless you look for it, this can be a difficult problem to diagnose. Unless you remove the Plate and look carefully at the wires you can miss this as the cause of your no fire situation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update- PamcoPete is taking care of me. Sending a replacement at no cost. Just wanted everyone to know the guy takes care of his people.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly! And if it happens the first thing you will see its fine bits of plastic sprayed around the housing. Have seen it twice now on 2 different bikes. I am trying this method now. Hopefully no problems. IMG_3139.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts