Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something is not working with your e-mail dood....

anyway, to answer your question, as far as I know no cb750 came stock with an 18" wheel. The cb750A might have but it would be the same front as a 1975 GL1000 which is 1.85x 19".

If the rim is alloy a good way to tell if it is honda is if it is stamped DID since that is where all the 70's big honda alloy wheels came from.

It was not uncommon for people to lace an aftermarket 18" wheel to the front of a cb750, makes the bike handle better and turn in quicker. Gives it a more balanced feel

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
good info. I sold a wheel on ebay and have to refund now because the winner says its not 19" and all cb750 had 19". The wheel did have did on it, but its chromed and not alloy. its steel i'm sure of that. could it be a cb550 wheel? i'm not near my 550 and can't remember if it was a 18 or 19. maybe it is a relace.

anyway, i'm going to refund them i guess and have them ship it back to me. I'll relist as whatever i end up finding it came from. and i'll try to research my email issue.
thanks dude!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much did he pay for it? I like 18" front wheels, maybe we can work it out and have your unsatisfied seller ship it to me instead. (e-mail me).

as pointed out on the SOHC board it may have been an option in 1976 but I have never seen one.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I have a 18" alloy front wheel laced up to a cb750 hub that I plan to use on my 71 build. I just picked up a 19" alloy (DID) front wheel yesterday that laced to another cb750 hub. I'm thinking of using the 19" wheel on my current 69 build but I haven't committed to that yet..

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
geeto, it sold for $100.68 with Shipping. you want it for that? i'll tell him to ship it to you and then we'll figure the money out.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by pampadori

geeto, it sold for $100.68 with Shipping. you want it for that? i'll tell him to ship it to you and then we'll figure the money out.
That works for me....you take paypal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts