Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went for a ride before work and got a couple pics...

i love living in the Blue Ridge mountains! gorgeous scenery, and moonshine is always easy to find.
Anyone else near the Blue Ridge?

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76 cb750

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the long about way to work. there are some awesome roads here. we have this one road that goes up a mountain called Bent Mtn Rd. its about 3 miles to the top and is two lanes up and one lane down. it has 20 cambered turns and you can almost maintain 60mph on a bike. i lost a worked on nissan to that road. I slide into a bronco and went under the front of it. The bronco rolled over me and then into the bank flipping end over end before it exploded! driver was fine but still sued my insurance for $300K. I wasn't even found guilty of anything because i slide on 3 inches of fine gravel that VDOT had spilled on the road where it happened. but anyway, she got rich and i lost a $12K car. i digress...
yeah i love it up here. I live in the city, and all i have to do is ride 10 minutes to get to that scenery on the outskirts.

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76 cb750

·
Registered
187 Posts
I really enjoyed Asheville, NC. I drove the Blue Ridge, which was okay, but I couldn't help but think how much better it would be on a bike. I met some nice guys who run a place called Acme Cycles. I think they were East of Asheville. You're also lucky enough to be near Deals Gap and Wheels Through Time, which even if you aren't into vintage American iron, is still an amazing place to see. Anyway, one of the better all around spots in the country.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
tex and i got lost driving to vir a couple of years ago. i dont know how. but we ended up on the blue ridge parkway. the part we were on was bitchen.

jc

·
Registered
585 Posts
Absolutely beautiful! The scenery is nice too. I love your CB750. It looks sweet. Where are more pics of it? The rolling countryside is utterly awe inspiring. Your pictures are great!

'70 Suzuki T350
Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i will never forget either. i still dont know how we got lost just 2 miles out of the track. those nc/va backroads are confusing.

jc

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
108 Posts
Beautiful pics, I'm envious. Florida sucks. The biggest hills we have here are phosphate mounds...and they won't let you ride on them because they're radioactive. I spend as much time as I can in and around Asheville and long to get back. Starting to get some nice riding weather down here though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Beautiful pics, I'm envious. Florida sucks. The biggest hills we have here are phosphate mounds...and they won't let you ride on them because they're radioactive. I spend as much time as I can in and around Asheville and long to get back. Starting to get some nice riding weather down here though.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
You don't own a VMAX do yah? .. Last time I was down in Ashville area carving up corners, I got behind two hopped up VMAXs. I believe there was a Vmax club gathering at the Dragon that weekend. Anyway, I'd get behind the Vmax to pass and we would hit a straight, he'd cut me off and poor on the gas. My BMWr100 does not have the same power as a vmax, but I could catch them in the twisties and would have to back off because they were cutting the yellow line, not holding a good line in the turns, etc. Finally, they stopped and I got to talking with them. He didn't know I was behind him..(I find that hard to believe), but he said that they were from Florida and were not use to riding motorcycles around turns.... I chuckled, said my to dos and drove off...

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
You don't own a VMAX do yah? .. Last time I was down in Ashville area carving up corners, I got behind two hopped up VMAXs. I believe there was a Vmax club gathering at the Dragon that weekend. Anyway, I'd get behind the Vmax to pass and we would hit a straight, he'd cut me off and poor on the gas. My BMWr100 does not have the same power as a vmax, but I could catch them in the twisties and would have to back off because they were cutting the yellow line, not holding a good line in the turns, etc. Finally, they stopped and I got to talking with them. He didn't know I was behind him..(I find that hard to believe), but he said that they were from Florida and were not use to riding motorcycles around turns.... I chuckled, said my to dos and drove off...

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts