Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I never paid much attention to 60's two strokes, so no idea.

That is a VERY unique front motor mount that I have never seen, at least that I recall.

Maybe something real oddball, like a Tohatsu or Lilac??

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I never paid much attention to 60's two strokes, so no idea.

That is a VERY unique front motor mount that I have never seen, at least that I recall.

Maybe something real oddball, like a Tohatsu or Lilac??

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1964 kawasaki b8 125 piston port...
which was odd for kawasaki,premix- no injector.....
badged as; kawasaki aircraft (tank badges)
good call hahnda, thought it would take a lot longer for someone to get it!
parts are pretty scarce for these too.i used a c2tr piston and had to relocate piston ring locating pins which oddly are on the exhaust side!
have a good weekend,joe

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1964 kawasaki b8 125 piston port...
which was odd for kawasaki,premix- no injector.....
badged as; kawasaki aircraft (tank badges)
good call hahnda, thought it would take a lot longer for someone to get it!
parts are pretty scarce for these too.i used a c2tr piston and had to relocate piston ring locating pins which oddly are on the exhaust side!
have a good weekend,joe

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have 2 dealerships of NOS Kawi parts. I have ran across a few B8 parts. If you are looking for something I can take a look.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have 2 dealerships of NOS Kawi parts. I have ran across a few B8 parts. If you are looking for something I can take a look.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i actually need a key! or ignition switch assy with key- i have a honda ignition that i'm going to rewire to work if i can not find one soon. it was a free bike and not worth a lot so i am just trying to keep cost as low as possible...hopefully i do not need anything else,but you never know!
i have a few other old kaws if you have any parts for them...69-c2tr,68-w2tt,69-w2ss,64-j1tl.
email off line if you need a key number and for parts ; [email protected]
how far from st paul mn? get over here at all?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i actually need a key! or ignition switch assy with key- i have a honda ignition that i'm going to rewire to work if i can not find one soon. it was a free bike and not worth a lot so i am just trying to keep cost as low as possible...hopefully i do not need anything else,but you never know!
i have a few other old kaws if you have any parts for them...69-c2tr,68-w2tt,69-w2ss,64-j1tl.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Google "Tohatsu Runpet 50". That was my first bike. They are still making outboard motors, I think.

Lilac - that is the model name, the brand is Marusho, yes?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Google "Tohatsu Runpet 50". That was my first bike. They are still making outboard motors, I think.

Lilac - that is the model name, the brand is Marusho, yes?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have a bunch of pre-cut keys. I also have blanks. If you have a key number I can take a look.

I have quite a few parts for the c2tr, a few for the w1 and w2 but those go fast when I find them. Very few that I can remember for the J1. I list most of it on ebay. http://stores.ebay.com/Scrambler-Cycle/

I'm about 100 miles NE of the Twin Cities but I rarely get over that way much. I guess the last 2 times I was over that way was to pick up Urals for repair.

quote:Originally posted by joe1028

1 - 20 of 33 Posts