Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
where are you and the bike?
what are you asking for the "rest" of the bike now?

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:
where are you and the bike?
what are you asking for the "rest" of the bike now?
I'm in NH. Might be able to bring the bike to NHIS for Frontierland.

So the bike minus(clipons, carbs, front wheel, exhaust)... dunno. make an offer.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
good luck. i'll be watching, and rooting for you.

tex

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
i want the motor. dont have a great use for it yet but cant let it go. im on long island though

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
cha-ching! congrats on the $500+ buffalo!

someone got a deal on the pipes!

texy

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:

Thanks, but I was just looking to break even. From what I recall, it was close. The pipes? yeah.... I should've put a higher reserve on those. Oh well.

I'll be selling more stuff. I considering selling ALL my RD350 stuff and keeping the TZ350, RS50, and building a YCS1. I have a TON of RD350 parts, and I do mean a ton, that I've collected over the years.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
well when you sell the motor, tank, suspension, etc..... i think it will work out in your favor.

post the rd350 stuff up on wera board...but you knew that already.

good luck!

texy

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:
quote:

Thanks, but I was just looking to break even. From what I recall, it was close. The pipes? yeah.... I should've put a higher reserve on those. Oh well.
I added up what it would cost to build a wheel like this and I think it was a fair deal. The drums go for $125-200 all the time. The relined shoes from VB are what they are ($250). The Excel rim is about $100. The tire (is that a race compound tire or street?) is probably $40 minimum. Hell if the spokes were stainless, you would have lost money... I shudder to think what a wheel like this would have cost with Buchannan's doing the labor!

Now I have an 18" drum wheel that meets the USCRA rules for 500GP for my T500. All I have to do is swap out the disc front wheel for the drum wheel and I'm set....

Once spring rolls around again, I'll put the GT750 drum I was going to build into a wheel on ebay and get a little of that $515 back....

Jim

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:
I added up what it would cost to build a wheel like this and I think it was a fair deal. The drums go for $125-200 all the time. The relined shoes from VB are what they are ($250). The Excel rim is about $100. The tire (is that a race compound tire or street?) is probably $40 minimum. Hell if the spokes were stainless, you would have lost money... I shudder to think what a wheel like this would have cost with Buchannan's doing the labor!
That's an Avon race tire. $120.
Rims are not $100. Go price them.
Spokes are extra. Can't use the stock spokes since they're for a 19" rim.

The buyer got a great deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts