Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep, its a 250 but it cheap and is a perfect project for the price. GSX250, soon to be a half'ish cafe racer.

Respraying currently in aerosol canned automotive paint, turning out great though, the hard part is removing the old suzuki stickers.

colour: Gunmetal, EXTREMELY mettalic silver colour, looks fantastic in the sun and is so glossy even without the clearcoat.

engine: trying aluminium but might go back to black.

Wheels: either staying gold or will go black / gunmetal as well

brakes : will respray in black or red with cheap but good quality braided line kit.

already has cheap loud pipes so theyre not an issue, may go pod filters one day but for the moment stock is fine.

may drop the bars sooner or later but theyre pretty uncomfortable as is.

needs to be cleaned out and a bit of a tune up but its running fine, sounds good, handles fine but needs fork seals done.

No matter how old they get, guys don't understand when to take their bikes to the shop, even after 3 stripped oil plugs and a completely missing set of engine mounts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics of the paintjob so far will be up tomorrow :) with some fresh pics from cleaning out the little corners of filth.

No matter how old they get, guys don't understand when to take their bikes to the shop, even after 3 stripped oil plugs and a completely missing set of engine mounts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics of the paint i tested on the bike and just starting the strip n clean.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The early stages so far:

metallic! not dirty :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
west sydney JB

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well ive finished enough for the moment, i can repaint and clean more in the following weeks and weekends, as you can see, yes i missed all the hidden bits like under the tank, but this was just a quick cheap change that i wanted to do for the time being and im extremely pleased with the results.

PS. theres no clearcoat on this, that paint is wonderful already, but when i do it properly in the future i plan to use clear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Duplicolor car paint aerosols.

this was just a test, so once i rebuild the carbies and do some more work, were stripping it and...

spraying the engine aluminium with red accents properly. same with carbies.

spraying frame gloss black, cheaper than powdercoating.

spraying wheels gunmetal with mica midnight blue accents.

puttying, prepping and repsyaying the body properly this time in mica midnight blue with gunmetal accents or racing stripes.

adapting this streetfighter seat to fit the frame that we have in the garage, same with the twin chrome headlight kit and the low handlebars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts