Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my bike isn't exactly what everyone here is looking for, but I got some good tech help here, so I thought I'd share some pics. They were doing pictures of my bike for The Horse magazine, so I stood behind and to some of my own.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
yea - that custom tank looks very nice and I love they way that seat just raps around her, looks very comf'ie

thanks for the photos...

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
i dig it for exactly what it is: 100% your own creation! were it parked outside of my pub, i'd spend a LONG time checkin' it out. hell, i'd buy you a round! cheers! thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
687 Posts
i watched a lot of your build process vids on youtube. i just noticed the sl fender in back, funny i got one last week and thought it would be perfect for putting in back.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Nice bike. You're right in that isn't exactly what I would build but I would have it and ride it. I like some of the ideas and the general look.

Ken

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bj there's a bike there. It's in the third picture.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
that is really cool. how does it ride?? i really like it for some reason. soo many neat little things about it. is that the battery mouted on the swingarm??

jc

·
Registered
222 Posts
That front wheel doesn't look like it would move much at all. The bumps look like they would transfer the load directly into the steering neck without compressing the damper.

Hat's off to the originality.

--Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the comments. I'll answer some of the questions.

First off, the front suspension works great. I don't know that I would try it on anything faster than this, but it works here and makes people ask questions.

That is the battery on the hardtail section. My buddy made the tray, my sister sewed the cover and the strap is a dog collar.

The seat is a reproduction of a Brooks saddle. I wanted a brooks, but it was out of my price range. The rawhide grips are similar to the leather bicycle grips that Brooks makes, except mine were made of two hours of me sitting there wrapping them.

The one thing I'm most proud of and took the most time is the one thing no one ever notices, the kickstand. That thing was a pain in the ass but out of about 6000 custom bikes it was the only one of its kind there.

Thanks for not beating me up for it not being a cafe bike.

Here's a picture of what it looked like the day I got it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
hey haggle, i talked to you in roanoke when you stopped by. how was smokeout? i couldn't tell that the stand was permanent. that bike is friggin hot. good job all around!
Shaun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shaun, it was nice to meet everyone up there at Roanoke. I was impressed with the number of cool bikes at Martin's that night. You have a lot better bike and hot rod scene up there than we do here in Greensboro. I hope to be back up there again soon.

Jamie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts