Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice.
I have one of those, too. Mine is a 1978. MT125R2. It was purchased originally by Dan Chivington of Marion, OH. Great guy and an excellent rider. I am the 3rd owner. I bought it in 1984, with the plan that I would race it at Nelson’s Ledges. Ended up racing dirt track instead, since my friend was doing so and thinking that, since so many road racers started with dirt track and knew how to slide the rear tire (and watching Tom Kipp do so coming out of turn 13 at Nelson’s) it would make me a better racer. Never did race the MT. School, student loan debt and trying to start a career got in the way (as has happened to many). Someday will take it to a track day. Honda RSC made a kit to water-cool it. Wish mine had it.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
I want something like that to put in my home office.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice.
I have one of those, too. Mine is a 1978. MT125R2. It was purchased originally by Dan Chivington of Marion, OH. Great guy and an excellent rider. I am the 3rd owner. I bought it in 1984, with the plan that I would race it at Nelson’s Ledges. Ended up racing dirt track instead, since my friend was doing so and thinking that, since so many road racers started with dirt track and knew how to slide the rear tire (and watching Tom Kipp do so coming out of turn 13 at Nelson’s) it would make me a better racer. Never did race the MT. School, student loan debt and trying to start a career got in the way (as has happened to many). Someday will take it to a track day. Honda RSC made a kit to water-cool it. Wish mine had it.
Thanks. Until recently this one hadn't been running since the late 70s. I'm only the 2nd owner of mine. Do you have any pics of your MT?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts