Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,296 Posts
my father has the original print of this on his wall:

not a poster, but an original made by Lyons print. We found it in a shop in New Orleans years ago.

for those who want to understand what 1% culture was really about back in the 1960s get the bikeriders. I think what you will find is rather than a bunch of big tough burly dudes with leather and chains, you will see a ragged collection of social misfits and idividuals on the fringes of normal society. these are not the TV bad guy bikers but people that the world was plain mean to and they banded together because of it. Nobody thinks of hells angles being gay, but hey that's "Funny Sonny" in that pic on the back of another dude's bike and there are others in the book of him making out with other dudes wearing his colors.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
A girlfriend gave me a postcard of "Jack, Chicago"... must be almost 20yrs ago now.

My old neighbor grew up in the 60s, and looked like these guys. This was his bike, which he bought when he was mid 20s, and had it until he died 2yrs ago.

He had tons of stories about that era, when all bikers were "outlaws & criminals". I'll have to see if I can dig up some photos of him.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i got a copy of "the boozefighters" packed up somewhere around here. got really good shots in it too. wonder if some of them are lyons.

tex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts