Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd send along the mess I've gotten myself into because of the plague. For some damn reason everything is taking longer to; get,do, and finish
2017-11-26 17.04.47.jpg
2017-11-26 17.04.35.jpg

Registered
People are having fun modifying their vehicles at home. It is taking some time to finish a build nowadays. I have noticed the delay of auto parts and accessories shipment, some times it takes more than a week for me to receive the product that I have purchased online.

Registered
People are having fun modifying their vehicles at home. It is taking some time to finish a build nowadays. I have noticed the delay of auto parts and accessories shipment, some times it takes more than a week for me to receive the product that I have purchased online.
I wish I was fast enough that a week waiting for parts was what determined how quickly a project got done!

When it comes to bevel Ducatis, most parts take at least a week to show up, a lot of them come from overseas. So you have to plan ahead and order stuff before you need it.

I've got parts in boxes that showed up in the spring... of 2010. 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I was fast enough that a week waiting for parts was what determined how quickly a project got done!

When it comes to bevel Ducatis, most parts take at least a week to show up, a lot of them come from overseas. So you have to plan ahead and order stuff before you need it.

I've got parts in boxes that showed up in the spring... of 2010. 馃榿
I completely agree and understand. I was working on a Moto Guzzi (early 2000's) the motorbike had been in a crash and the short harness that goes to the lights and gauges had shorted out and burned. Many of the connecter are unique in that I've never seen them before. Owner wanted to return the bike to as close to OEM as was possible. In looking for the part I went as far as talking for someone who worked in supply for MG. The firm that made the harnesses only did production runs once a year for the replacement inventory. This was like July and the next run was May. Then out of the blue I get a call from some guy in Spain (don't know he got my number ) who had the part, sold it to me a dealer price and I had it in a week. So sometimes thing do work out.

What I'm finding rather interesting is I'm able to get racing spares (special small production run just for racing bits) out of the UK shipped to my shop faster than the same bits from suppliers here in the good ol' USA. Things like wheels (expensive things) don't even cost extra for the shipping as they mostly come freight free. The suppliers also have a pretty good stock of things like seals and bearings; things that I've tried to order from companies here and they are on back-order

1 - 5 of 5 Posts