Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
if soto understood what job a piston actually performed...he'd do somethimg like that...just with some jbWeld to make sure it worked.

-tt

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
a number of years ago there was a post on the kawi triples board. Somebody had repaired a piston with jbweld and copper wire (and not in a neat fashon either). Just like the bolt in the piston it detonated when hot.

I am simply amazed the length people go through to get a running bike on the road. Honestly, that size bolt probably cost as much as a used piston would at a salvage yard.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I prefer to believe that the kid wanted to ride so bad that he wasn't even gonna wait for his old man to get off work to fix it. See there's hope for the world in that scenerio....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i agree with ratty. i wouldn't have even thought of that as a kid. i wonder if any of my illegitimate children are taking engines apart yet....

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Hey, don't knock a JB Weld piston fix - I got stuck in Glamis with a hole burnt thru my piston, and that got me back to my truck, several miles away over lots of gnarly desert.

There was zero chance of me pushing my bike back through that stuff, and zero chance of getting a truck into the area my bike was at.

It sure didn't want to idle, but I made it back. Since I didn't have a file handy, I had to grind the top of the piston down on a rock to get the melted crap off. I had to wait until it got toward evening for the air temp to be cool enough not to burn it up again. I am SO glad I had a headlight on that bike.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ive heard of it before on 2 strokes also.

defnitely doable. but not advisable.

jc

·
Registered
345 Posts
vile, tt is just jealous on how I use jbweld. I think he's a bit shook up from the last time I used jb on his ass!

sotomoto
jb weld slut!!! and you know it..

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Cool. Tex+ Notnicky + Evil = winning endurance race

GO TEAM DERBIGO ! ! ! ! !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts