Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change up the exhaust system on my '71 CB350 as right now it's got an ugly aftermarket 2-2 setup with short megaphones and bolt-in silencers that don't silence very well and they're mounted to the rear passenger footpeg brackets in such a way that inhibits my ability to use said brackets for my rearset controls. I'm trying to decide between modern sportbike slip-on mufflers or a more vintage style, maybe with a 2-2 right side system painted black for that Honda RSC look.

I'm building my bike for me and I should do whatever I like yadda yadda but I was hoping you guys could post up some pictures of what you've done to give me some ideas. I can bend up my own pipes but I'm not willing to build my own mufflers so I'd need to buy some. And at what point do I need to worry about securing the rear section of the exhaust so the header pipes don't fracture? I was thinking if I went with a small carbon-fiber or titanium muffler it would be light enough so I wouldn't have to provide additional support but I understand vibration is a real killer.

Modern style upswept muffler can on a vintage racer?
http://www.haleshonda.co.uk/images/links/350 Classic 06/index.htm

or shorty Moto GP style muffler?

or low-boys?

or Honda CR750 style?

pea shooters?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
yeah! haven't you heard? the best bike to cafe ever!

search for cx500 on here. they aren't really that great, i jest. but you can get 'em close with a lot of time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Hoshnasi

quote:Originally posted by pampadori
What bike is this? Its amazing.
CX500 or CX650. Honda made them around 1980. They are the original Honda V-Twins mass produced. They are shaft driven and water cooled. Easy to work on also. The only bad thing is they are very heavy bikes.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
and the engine looks like it came out of a massey-ferguson.

tex

·
Registered
194 Posts
the only thing on my FT500 that's wearing its proper name tag:

i'm gonna put 4-1 Mac's on the CB650 when i get back to the bike and if i don't get that CBgrand that i've heard of....

·
Registered
261 Posts
This one's not the best looking, but it's light and functional. Kerker headers and a supertrapp end cap.

It tucks in there pretty close but I'm sure someone better than me could drag it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts