Cafe Racer Forum banner

pods and rejetting ?s on a 77 cb750

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  joe c 
#1 ·
hello all,

i'm interested in putting k and n type individual pod air filters on my bike. i know i've got to rejet the carbs etc. does anyone know of the size jets (main and slow) I should change to? or of a resource i could go to to teach myself?

jimmy

#2 ·
i'm interested in putting k and n type individual pod air filters on my bike. i know i've got to rejet the carbs etc. does anyone know of the size jets (main and slow) I should change to? or of a resource i could go to to teach myself?

jimmy

Hi Jimmy,
See if the local shop can get the K+N jet kit for your bike.
I just put a 2-1 K+N filter on my RZ350, local shop ordered the jet kit with the correct jets for me. Was about $60. Your ket might be more $$$$$ (4 carbs instead of 2)

76 GL 1000
72 CB350 Racer
84 RZ 350
(and a few more)

#5 ·
well, if you had been sitting in giants stadium like i was a few hours ago and heard the jets fans cheering the pats, you would have thought thats what was going on. it was unbelievable. they went crazy when the pats won in overtime. new york fans.....yeah, thats right, they were cheering for a new england team. (they were drinking alot though)

later
jc

#7 ·
The cheapest and easiest way is probably like Pete said, but I personally bring my stuff to a Dyno. That way its exact and the changes you make allow you to learn how it effects the bike.

Aaron

quote:
hello all,

jimmy

#9 ·
Hello All. I have put a pod type
air filter on my '69 CB350 and it runs very lean. I have sourced some slightly bigger jets from Honda (pilot, primary and secondary main) Also a Keyster rebuild kit @Siriusconinc.com (Has anyone tried these?)The trouble is finding an alternate needle to the stock as it is not adjustable. It is fit with a pressed on keeper and I dont believe there is any room to shim it. Has anyone encountered this? Can I Jet with bigger mains and leave the needle? All I wan't is a streetbike to tool around on.

#10 ·
oh that dump needle. just pop in new jets. dont worry about that needle. unbless youre tryin to eek out max power for some reason. and even then its a pain in the ass to get really good nos type pieces. something is always worn. slide diaghpram etc. new jets and jet o rings should solve your problem though.

jc

#12 ·
you might be fine with the stock jets actually. the pod type youre talking about are still pretty restrictive. if they are the foam ones, if you oil them ( i never oil them because then they need cleaning becasue they get dirty/dusty) they are pretty restrictive and then when they get wet, its like shoving a cork in the carb. id start with going one size over on primary and secondary. i think thatd probably be a 110 or 115 and 70 or 72. but if you didnt do anything with the pipe, stock might be fine. i bought several sizes over when i was experimenting. it turned out i only needed to go one size up on both. and that was with the oiled pods, then k&n's and then nothing. i also had a way to free flowing pipe, then went to a more restrictive pipe and they are still pretty decent. anyway, good luck.

jc

#13 ·
Thanks Joe...
I put on velocity stacks and might go 2-1 headers and find some pipe that fits the header... thinking about trying to make them from scratch from ebay finds... cheap stock headers, cheap free flow muffler, have my buddy weld it all together... it'll look like crap, but it's cheap.. we'll see how it runs...

anyway... the screened velocity stacks look sharp, but I had to put the side covers back on otherwise it sputtered at about 45 mph... with the covers on... it's good to 60... so I figure it's a little lean...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.