Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Charlie sure opened a can of worms.... I thought we weren't counting worker "points" anymore? In order to count them, we need to track them. And no one is doing that. Honor system? Yeah, that'll work.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yeah I had a feeling this was going to blow up...kinda the reason no one ever counted them, it would just get way too confusing. I never really liked the concept. Racing points should be from racing, and find another way to reward the workers. Personally I wouldn't even think of taking a championship based on worker points.

While doing the points for about 7 years I never received one single list of workers or participants in away races. Should be simple, if you worked, or you raced away....it's up to you to prove it and claim the points. Get something signed by the race director or something.

But...since I'm not racing, or scoring anymore....
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
buncha whiners. "if I got scored for working I'd move from 3rd to 2nd" or "if I got scored for working Champ would blow me."

As I remember it, it blows up every year and then goes away. This has everything to do with the USCRA next year's improvements list. If it's in the rule book, someone has to deal with it. Or get it out of the rule book.

Sheesh. Don't get me wrong, I am not at all stressed about this, nor am I changing anyone's points. Let the big guy deal with it .. . . but . . . . if any of youse guys sends me . . . say . . . $50.00, I'll add worker points to your total . . . . quickly . . . .

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shame those "extra" points won't get posted to the website..... unless a TZ350 clutch hub appears in my mailbox...

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
and I want my travel points too.
somebody owes me something, I just need to figure out who

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
They should set it up so at the end of the year if you didn't help that you have points subtracted. That way everybody helps and you'll know people will keep track of when they helped.

I personally would be pissed at doing this but I don't race so...

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
not one trophy for me this year. :( im guessing its tt. most consistent on the the box i think. in 2 clubs.

j

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
using wera points structure, here is what i came up with:

i raced at vir - wera 3/20 (3rd & 3rd - 350/500GP) 15pts + 15pts, summit - wera 4/17 (4th & 3rd 350/500GP) 13pts + 15pts, mid-o - ahrma (13th & 8th - 350 sportsman sat & sun) 3pts + 8pts, mosport - vrra (4th & 8th P2Lwt/P3Lwt) 13pts + 8pts, granite state NHMS (7th & 5th - LWSV/MWSV) 9pts + 11pts

which means i have 110 total points going into summit point 9/20.

where you guys at?

wera point schedule is below (figured it was fair as it pays to 15th place....mid-o and mosport grids were HUGE!)

cheers,

texy

1st - 20
2nd - 17
3rd - 15
4th - 13
5th - 11
6th - 10
7th - 9
8th - 8
9th - 7
10th - 6
11th - 5
12th - 4
13th - 3
14th - 2
15th - 1

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
gotcha.

i figure that TT is a head of me by 113pts......shit!

texy

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
if you count heat races, i have 111!!! i didnt do any dirttrack. damned!

esmra e-town
vir
2summits
nhis

jc

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Using TEX's point structure, I'm at 301 going into Barber. Includes all of the USCRA rounds and Mid-Ohio riding 3 different bikes (750 BMW, 500 BMW and CB350) in mixed classes = 20 finishes, 12 podiums.
Didn't count riding with BFD.
Don't forget the Endurance race.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
In points race of life....I leave you all in the dust.

(I don't even know what that means....but I felt left out of this thread).

JohnnyB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts