Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
choose your fav...

im partial to #3

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
ba-dum-dum...

try the roast beef, i'll be here all week.

texy

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Ha! But who said it first?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I never really got clubs. Whats the purpose of a motorcycle club? Is it gonna be like a cafe Hells Angels club or something?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by Pinche Chingadera

I never really got clubs. Whats the purpose of a motorcycle club? Is it gonna be like a cafe Hells Angels club or something?
here we go again with this guy. hater. go do something useful instead of being a pessimist. like the original post says, i want to start a club that helps the community, provides sober rides home to people in need, and mechanical help for the broken down. ever seen the hells angels do that. bugger off.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not a 'hater' but I think the club idea is lame and the logo is not far behind.

As for the Hell's Angle's, I just read Hunter S. Thompsons Hell's Angle's book and it sure made it seem like they would stop and help their own.

Isn't that the thing about clubs, it's a "you're in and you other people are out' attitude that I think blows.

I think you already said something to the effect that you only wanted 'cafe' bikes in the club.

As for telling people off, you opened the door to recieve people's opinion when you posted on this forum. Toughen up a little.

·
Registered
337 Posts
soooo your saying you want to give slobbering drunk idiots rides home on the back of your motorcycle?getting puke down the back of your shirt doesn't sound to fun to me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. well im going to make it happen. im going to help people get home if they need to, im going to fix peoples bike if they need it, im going to organize track days and im going to have live music on my land out in the sticks.
the key word here is me, not you, im doing it.

if you dont like it, dont concern yourselves with it. if you want to check it out, get in touch.

btw, the free rides home wouldnt be on a bike, it would be in a car.
as for the clubs, your in, your out thing, that is true of most, but i was hoping for a more accepting nature, without rules and limitations. i was hoping for vintage bikes, just because thats what we are interested in, so we think alike, and feel the same about the culture. not to say a goldwing couldnt come along, but would they even be interested, i doubt it.

i feel like theres alot of negativity about this idea and im not sure why. i dont understand why people would not be interested in helping others, and hanging out, doing what we all love. every sport or otherwise has a team, or club, or org, why is it so different for motorcycles, is it because of the stigma attached to bike clubs. if so, then its time for a change. like i said, im going to try and make it happen, if you dont like it, keep your opinions to your self.

i think the logos are strong, im partial to #3 for its communication and #7 for its simplicity.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I'll answer the question. #6. The font you are using is kind of gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, i need a comfortable middle between #6 and #7. number 6 gives the full name of the club, but is not a strong as 7 because of its simplicity and bold shape. i will rework some of the typefaces today.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'd vote for #6 too.

And I'd say...it's your friends, do whatever you want. A "Club" is no different than a team, etc.
Ben Franklin was huge on starting clubs, assoications, groups, partys (as in political etc.)
JohnnyB

·
Registered
692 Posts
Okay , I guess I'll snag on to this . Thought I'd lurk and chuckle but .......

Out of all of them I think #7 .

FYI a wheeler - I see your intentions are good but call me crazy ( crazy crazy crazy crazy ;) ) a lot of the folks here aren't big into the " club " thing for their own reasons I guess. But what I've seen guys here are kind of a club but don't want nor need the " Club " shtuff ( yeah , shtuff) that can come with having that in a name. If you wanna start a "club" you should go balls out and start a club. But if you're looking for any kind of approval ? No need ( not saying you are) .
But what I am sure of is these guys here are being very mild . Go to the Ton Up Forum with your idea and see what they think [}:)]. It would be interesting what some of them would say.
But as for a club you wanna start .....Cool.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
do it dude....organize it and make it happen captain. #6 for me!

texy

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:Ben Franklin was huge on starting clubs, assoications, groups, partys (as in political etc.)

He also lived his whole life in sin, with a woman to whom he was never married - who was, in fact, never divorced from her first husband. Also, he spent 28 of the last 30yrs of his life in France bangin' French chicks, and never really went back home for visits.
He also fathered an illegitimate son (whom he disinherited, for being a loyalist), who also fathered an illegitimate son, who also fathered an illegitimate son.

But yeah, he started a lot of clubs too.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yep, obviously those are the important parts of Franklin's life and contributions to the world.

(I'm reading his autobiography now).

I didn't realize this site was populated by moralists and religious zealots.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Fun! Where d'ya think I got all those facts? Fantastic book. I'd also recommend a book called "The Path Between the Seas" by some guy. Can't remember his name, but he wrote "1776" - another stellar book. "Path Between..." will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about building the Panama Canal... and some stuff you won't give two fucks about..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks wanker, i should put it up on ton up, just to see what the response would be!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts