Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: What the heck is that bull shit ! Started today so I'm guessing this is why the site was down for testing earlier. If you are going to put crap like that on top of my photos, I'm not going to post any more photos and I hope others feel the same about that :/ stop impregnating the original content we post with your spam already ! If you want to totally kill this site, that is a great way to do it, just keep that shit up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Saw an odd one over someones post that even blocked out 1/2 there comment. That was real early this morning. But I've been having issues for a while now with freezing, page jitters and other odd stuff. I've cleaned out my cache and all the other shit they say "I" need to do to fix it and still there. Since it only happened here that is the result I expected.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like this pokemon-ish crap and they are going to suggest you won't see it if you log in before you view any pages and they are also going to suggest it won't slow your computer down and that's a crock of poo.

pokimon.jpg

It's bad enough to put revenue generating code at the top and bottom of the pages and hot link embed stuff into key words of the text we type, when they start putting spammy images over top of our photo content that's just pathetic. Whoever came up with that trap should not get a raise, they should get a swift kick in the keester and to that person; ask yourself why Google is such a successful search engine. If you can't figure that out without being told; look at how clean their home page is and how quickly it draws. That is the result of clean code and a complete lack of over-the-top advertising, it is why google became incredibly popular compared to other search engines and people continue to use it so much, learn from it!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I think I have noticed more adds letely

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I had that same issue over on Honda Twins- owned by same outfit, but I was not logged in. No problem here, I am always logged on.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I can't see those either can you show me a screenshot with them in full context please with more of the page visible?

Thanks!

Kyle
Just now I went to page one of this thread and Trialsriders 2nd post had a huge video add right over top of what he had written. You could only see the right side of the screen. I exited the thread and then came back and it was gone.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
I see it too.

STILL have the log issue.

How do you "nuke" an account?
If I go, I don't want to leave my content.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
What if i want to do it sober? Or what if I just want to do the drunked up part?

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Hey guys,

When you see those ads over top of the pictures, are you logged in by chance? Ads like that should not show on images for members who are logged in.

~Sheena

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank-you for even caring

Hey guys,

When you see those ads over top of the pictures, are you logged in by chance? Ads like that should not show on images for members who are logged in.

~Sheena
Fairly certain it only happens before I log in, typically I don't log in until I have something to say, consequently I see it all. I regularly clear my cache, passwords and cookies for security and computer performance considerations, so being logged in all the time is not an option. Now also seeing video over top of some of the posts and those don't even have a way to close them to see the text posts behind the video window. I totally understand the need to commercialize a forum to make it profitable, but there are reasonable practices to do that and then there are forums that have gone over the top with advertising to the point that I don't even visit them any more. Pretty sure you wouldn't want your forums to end up that way, so that is why I bring these things to your attention. When you are designing your site content, you should keep in mind that some of us connect while traveling which may involve tethering to a smart phone. The more advertisement we have to fight through before we can even get to the point of logging in, the more of our paid for bandwidth gets eaten up. Sometimes the performance is brutal when you connect that way. These are just some of the realities of life in the slow lane.
btw: this site can not be viewed from some of the nicer hotels in antananarivo madagascar lol maybe you can get somebody on that ;)

I've always maintained that web site developers should be forced to test or develop their content on a pentium 1 clone using a dial-up modem connection, then nobody would ever complain about a slow site with an unavoidable flash main page that never loads.

·
Administrator
208 Posts
I hear what you are saying that is why some ads should not be seen once logged in, please try clearing your cache and sign back in and let me know if you still see the ads.

Thank you,

~ Glenda

1 - 20 of 32 Posts