Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I looked at the site from my old computer in my garage without logging in and had pop ups over every picture posted. For any guests looking on here, It's shit and pictures I post aren't for the benefit of these pop ups. Sort this rubbish out please

·
Registered
85 Posts
When using a iPhone I get bombarded w/ " free apps" and if you decline them you get redirected to another site where something is usually for sale, place is really starting to suck

·
Administrator
208 Posts
I looked at the site from my old computer in my garage without logging in and had pop ups over every picture posted. For any guests looking on here, It's shit and pictures I post aren't for the benefit of these pop ups. Sort this rubbish out please
As mentioned above I am not seeing these ads, and it seems like some other are not as well.
Have you done a Malware check on your PC? Run that, and see if it catches anything.
If not, let us know.

When using a iPhone I get bombarded w/ " free apps" and if you decline them you get redirected to another site where something is usually for sale, place is really starting to suck
What browser/ app ar eyou using when you come across these pop-ups?
If you can, grab a screen capture of the pop ups please.

Thank you,

Richard.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
You guys need to take a look at the clique and then you might get a solution to the problem. Because this site seems to be patrolled by a lot of, for want of a better word, obnoxious arseholes who love barracking and trampling threads with their know it all attitude and aloofness toward newbies there is a marked impact on site traffic. Whenever I come on here I note that there are usually no more than 20 members logged in whilst there are never fewer than 4 or 5 hundred guests. So based on the site traffic of 5% members and 95% guests, have a wild stab at where the adverts are gonna be placed for maximum hit rate. This shouldn't be a problem for members unless they are unable to log in or feel the need to lurk. Why would anyone feel the need to lurk? I'll leave that one for you guys to figure out yourselves. Almost laughable that a lot of the poor sods on this site can't see far enough past the end of their noses to realize that it might not be the forum's admin that is the problem. I can see why people like Ichiban-San pay good money to advertise on this site because it's an advertisers dream. A little clique that generates a shitload of site traffic and guarantees that probably 40% of members prefer to lurk rather than log in. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Keep up the astounding work gentlemen. When I need to place an ad that is gonna get plenty of traffic this will probably be where I spend my money.

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Hey there

Is anyone still having trouble with these pop up, or overlays, while logged in? If so, as previously requested, grab us a screenshot, and if you can, the URL it directs you to so we can look in to it.

Dayle

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Have you seen this latest one:

popup.jpg

:/ that's not the least bit intrusive.
And no it's not a virus on my brand new computer.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Just for giggles, try it with adblock plus and see if that fixes it. I can't see any reason why an ad for Carnation products would be showing up on bike pictures. That seems like some sort of malware. Have you run Malwarebytes and a Trojan remover as well as virus protection? I regularly find one of these will find malware that the other two do not. It's not as simple as the old days of running Norton and searching for the virus signature on a hard drive.

Do these problems only affect our Northern cousins or are others seeing the same thing?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Just for giggles, try it with adblock plus and see if that fixes it. I can't see any reason why an ad for Carnation products would be showing up on bike pictures. That seems like some sort of malware. Have you run Malwarebytes and a Trojan remover as well as virus protection? I regularly find one of these will find malware that the other two do not. It's not as simple as the old days of running Norton and searching for the virus signature on a hard drive.

Do these problems only affect our Northern cousins or are others seeing the same thing?
Jag and Mark Burton were getting them too. I was getting them, but haven't seen any in a while. Haven't changed anything on the laptop.

·
Administrator
208 Posts
Have you seen this latest one:

View attachment 28225

:/ that's not the least bit intrusive.
And no it's not a virus on my brand new computer.
Which thread was this in? Can you grab the script of the ad? (right click > inspect element)
I need that and how you're viewing the forum, through desktop or mobile (if you're on mobile, are you in desktop mode?)

Lee

21 - 32 of 32 Posts