Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are y'all racing this year? Curious what bikes and classes y'all are going to run.

Who's going to Daytona?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'll be winning 200gp and maybe 250gp, and coming in 2nd in ULWSV.

I'll be riding to victory at NHIS, Shannonville and probably Summit.

Daytona can't handle my entourage so they are out.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
My season will start this saturday night at Middletown Indoor Shorttrack, aboard a YZ125...if I survive that, probably do some flattrack this summer, possibly even the 1/2 mile at Brockton, Mass. aboard my trusty XT500...none but the brave need apply..

After that, hard to say, but I hope to have a CB450 to scare the field at NHIS or Frontierland.
Not to mention hellraising on the CB125 in the local neighborhood, keep your wives and daughters inside...

FR

·
Registered
655 Posts
i'm gonna do LRRS again, mainly to take care of Aaron when he shows up with his 125. i'm gonna knock him off in the bowl just to get THAT experience out of the way. i might've gotten my hands on a '97 TZ250, Rob Nigl says i'm gonna do 12s on it...so i'm glad expectations aren't high or anything.
and my CRA goals include winning every race i'm in the whole year, and riding one of these bonny wee honda twins i've heard so much about. y'all are gonna put your names in a hat, and i'll ride whichever one gets drawn.

Z

·
Registered
655 Posts
no reason for this post other than to apologize for the unfiltered arrogance of my last post, and to see if my signature works.

Z

Marge: "Homer, it's easy to criticise"
Homer: "Mmmmm, fun too!"

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i'll buy you a pop if you knock aaron off. those leathers gotta get scuffed one day.

jc

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:
and my CRA goals include winning every race i'm in the whole year, and riding one of these bonny wee honda twins i've heard so much about. y'all are gonna put your names in a hat, and i'll ride whichever one gets drawn.
yeah... I said I was going to win two championships last year....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yea, and i'm gonna watch all this mayhem and do scoring. I'll hang up my leathers just to let all of you have a chance at a trophy!!!

Champ

·
Registered
655 Posts
quote:
Yea, and i'm gonna watch all this mayhem and do scoring. I'll hang up my leathers just to let all of you have a chance at a trophy!!!

hilarious

Marge: "Homer, it's easy to criticise"
Homer: "Mmmmm, fun too!"

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
quote:
i'll buy you a pop if you knock aaron off. those leathers gotta get scuffed one day.

jc
If you see my leathers up close you'll see they been scuffed twice. I just never crash my own bike, I royally fucked up Johnny Boudreaus bike though.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
my bitches!

come on down to summit. i think i'll be recieving all my mail there this season. i plan on punishing joe c. and any other sucka ass that shows up on the grid in 500g.p.

respectfully to all of you bitches,

tex, still the 2004 wera 500 g.p. champ (so blow me), mawby

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'm trying very hard to come up with an RS125 this year...so you'll probably see me out there learning on that at some point.

Zack, I'd love to let you ride my bike some time. It would have to be in one of the classes I'm not real serious about...maybe ULWSV or something...can't afford to give up the points in 200 or 250.

I'd be very curious to compare our laps times on the same bike...it would give me a real good measure of how much more there is to be gotten out of the bike from the rider point of view.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
>>>>>>>>>>>Zack, I'd love to let you ride my bike some time<<<<<

And Johnny, You can try my Ducati in the same race Zach is trying the Honda!!!

Champ

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
>>>>>>>>>>>>If you see my leathers up close you'll see they been scuffed twice. I just never crash my own bike, I royally fucked up Johnny Boudreaus bike though. <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Aaron,

Are you forgeting the Derbi paddock crash????

Champ

·
Registered
655 Posts
yea JohnnyB, i think it would be fun to ride your bike. i doubt i'll go faster than you though. firstly, i really wont want to fall off it, and secondly you're already pretty fast. what's your fast lap on that bike at NHIS? you all should pull a swap anyway, you'll probably find stuff that each other's bikes do better and you can improve your own ride.

Z

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Good suggestion....we need to start a 175 "Gang" and do a track day...definately could learn some sheeet riding each others bikes.

Zack,
I could squeak out Mid 1:35's last year, should have another pony to work with this year. I could probably pick up a second in 6, doing something wrong there...Donelan would get 30 feet on me through there every lap. I think I'm braking too much and going too tight. 1:35's requires some ballsy corner speeds....but you are used to that I guess.

And when someone rides my bike....I want them to RIDE it, if they crash...so be it. In your case I would be far more worried that it was a problem with the bike, not the rider. I'd feel terrible if someone rode a bike of mine and something malfunctioned causing a crash...unacceptable.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:
Good suggestion....we need to start a 175 "Gang" and do a track day...definately could learn some sheeet riding each others bikes.
Get a whole bunch of people to agree to show up for a hawk track day.

quote:
I could squeak out Mid 1:35's last year, should have another pony to work with this year. I could probably pick up a second in 6, doing something wrong there...Donelan would get 30 feet on me through there every lap. I think I'm braking too much and going too tight. 1:35's requires some ballsy corner speeds....but you are used to that I guess.
There's certain marks on the track that I use for braking/turn in/etc. You can brake pretty late with the track sloping up at you like it does in T6, and carry a ton of cornerspeed.

Ever read twist of the wrist? Some decent ideas in there.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yeah...I've read both of them.

I'll take the riding advice without the zen bullshit though.

Best training short of going to the track....video games!

I'm no Rossi...but I got one word for going fast....relax.

JohnnyB

1 - 20 of 48 Posts