Cafe Racer Forum banner

821 - 840 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Awesome aluminum work by someone. Now the fairing and seat need to be rotated slightly to get everything lined up.
That aluminum work was done by Evan Wilcox. I followed his work on this on Instagram and it's amazing to see

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Now the fairing and seat need to be rotated slightly to get everything lined up.
Yes, still need to trim down the seat bracket, then built an internal tail end brace to support a passenger without constant "pull" pressure on the main (front) bracket. Will also do some tweaking on the fairing. Everything will line up then.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks nice. Is that the oil tank or is it a side cover over the tank?
Thanx.

Sidecover over the oil tank.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
just so I remember what this bike looked like in May of 2019 (because who knows what upgrades will come down the pipe next winter).

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Not mine, I would not have had the skill to finish a bike to this level.
Ryan Delcambre posted on facebook.
It looks like it could have been an OEM

64269632_10156945415621001_5730924345094569984_o.jpg

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Not my bike, or me for that matter, but just had to share.

IMG_20190531_155431.jpg

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I had a Lasa Apso that was an awesome tank rider on my motocross bikes, did jumps, wheelies and crazy speeds with her on there and somehow she never fell off.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I don't work for Hagerty but I did do a photoshoot with them a while back. A friend of mine saw a pic that looked familiar show up on a website ad the other day so I checked out Hagerty's site and here's what's on their page for bike quotes;

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I don't work for Hagerty but I did do a photoshoot with them a while back. A friend of mine saw a pic that looked familiar show up on a website ad the other day so I checked out Hagerty's site and here's what's on their page for bike quotes;

Very cool! Kinda makes you feel like a celebrity, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I guess I haven't posted the last bike I bought & refurbished...

1982 Honda MB5 with MB8 (6-speed) engine; my 14-year-old daughter wants to learn to ride, so this is the ticket!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Very cool! Kinda makes you feel like a celebrity, doesn't it?
Since I checked out their page, their ads now show up when I'm on forums. I was on a guitar forum the other day and it was shown three times on the same page. Almost got kindy creepy!

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
One for each fuel tap, "run", and "reserve".
With this thing, if I didn't have both fuel taps open I could starve it for fuel pressure and flow rate under hard operation. Both taps had to be open to at least the run position and once fuel became low in the tank I needed to have both taps on reserve position.
... it had 2 neat little rubber fuel valves with a ball inside it instead of a valve and lever, the ball had 3 positions, closed open and open to the lowest part of the tank. Once the rubber rots you have to watch you don't push a finger nail right through it.

Bike ate fuel so fast it almost needed a fuel pump.

821 - 840 of 853 Posts