Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it said i did perform a search but was unable to locate an appropriate discussion. My 70 cb 350 front brake does not "spring back". It is lame. Does the return mechanism consist of just the springs holding the shoes against their cams and circular spring behind the lever on the hub? or am i missing something? If it is up to these parts to return the shoes to their right spot, i must be on the lookout for the source of friction between them. Tires coming today so the wheels are coming off. Sound familiar? any thing to look for in particular. Im off to go look at fiche

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd check that your cable is lubed and all the pivot points inside the brake are lubed up. Mine was like that for a while too, turned out to be the cable.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing about that is that i just replaced the cable. Moves nice and smooth, not bound up or anything. All i can think of out of the ordinary is maybe the axle nut is tightened too much. I'm reaching here and realize that this may not even be possible. There is alot of compound left on the shoes but the hubs have the slightest bit of pitting. they are not galled or anything but not perfectly smooth. Getting my hubs turned would be a hard sell at this point, had to fight pretty hard for the tyres. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
241 Posts
You've probably just got gummy grease in the pivots. Take everything apart and clean/grease where appropriate. Check to make sure the shoes don't have a divot in them where the cams work - if so file/smooth it out.

Michael

·
Registered
241 Posts
You've probably just got gummy grease in the pivots. Take everything apart and clean/grease where appropriate. Check to make sure the shoes don't have a divot in them where the cams work - if so file/smooth it out.

Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts