Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some pics after the new drag bar, taped exhaust, and other various things... still working on seat and new tank just came in....

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)
2000 Ninja 250r ("chibi")

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice,but you may not like the feel/feedback through the Broomstick/drag bar with no built-in pull back.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like how? i've never used a broomstick on any other bike. explain. i really like the look of the broomstick, the function is great, and it was going in the direction of what i liked, but i'm up for any suggestions. if it changes ur response i do know that a little vibration is gonna occur so i bought some thick gel grips just to combat that a little and may be adding a steering damper from my parts from my aprilia!

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Mirror is kinda cool, tho.

·
Registered
326 Posts
quote:
like how? i've never used a broomstick on any other bike. explain. i really like the look of the broomstick, the function is great, and it was going in the direction of what i liked, but i'm up for any suggestions. if it changes ur response i do know that a little vibration is gonna occur so i bought some thick gel grips just to combat that a little and may be adding a steering damper from my parts from my aprilia!

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)
Try it you may like it,but I tried one once and didn't care for it and went back to a bar with some pull-back.

It creates a naturally high steering effort because you have now put the bar directly over the fork tubes which are of course in front of the steering head.

This will require a higher steering effort a.k.a your arms/shoulders/torso etc. especially at lower speeds. Also as I have short arms a close to full turn/lock having a straight bar like that would pull me out of my riding position.

Even clip-on are less effort even if they as shorter. Most are mounted with the much of the bar length slightly behind the fork tubes
giving you a little more leverage by pushing from behind instead of even with the them.

Because of my body type/frame I almost always end up cutting down my dirt bike handle bars as well,because they are too wide for me.

On a uh...DRAG bike I guess they would work fine since 99% of the time your at least TRYING to go in a straight line. On a street bike though
I just don't like them,but they do look cool.

Edited by - coolatula on Nov 17 2007 11:46:25 AM

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for ur honest opinion. i really appreciate the constructive criticism i get here. it actually makes working on these bikes worth more than working on those newer "crotch rockets" that i could learn to like.
all in all the bars won't be more than a small nuissance to me since i'm part gorilla (long arms) and man handling those bars shouldn't be an issue (i'll put my weight behind it!) plus the all important factor of riding it is going to be second to my aprilia. so if i put 1000 miles on the cafe i'd be happy. but i'll be happier w/ it than any other bike (except the ape) b/c i really built part of it not just a cookie cutter production bike like all the other folks around here have. so thanx for the concern!

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh the mirror was a joke, but if u really like it u can get one at walmart w/ the bicycle stuff.... i got it to try an idea out but forgot to remove it!!! fun stuff!

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks good i like it! i'm gonna go w/ the flat or rubatone black on tank, covers, and tail, and add gold pinstriping to accent the shape (or lack of) of the parts..... and she will then officially be dubbed "chupa"- as in chupathingy/ chupacabra!!! yeah awesome i know... this is why i'm hot/ cool/ whatever

03 rsv Tuono (STARF8R)
75 cl360 ("Chupa"thingy)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts