Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of my project bike.

So far, I have installed clip ons, made a seat and cowl from fiberglass, stretched the fuel tank (with the help of my neighbor Paul The Magic Welder), put on aluminum rims and new tires (Bridgestone Spitfires), made rearsets and a battery box, etc. The seat cover was sewn by my wife, Ming the Merciless.

I really raided the Yamaha parts bin for this project. Front fender from a Radian cruiser, fork brace from a DT-1 250, shift linkage from a FZR600, brake pedal from a RD250, rims and front caliper from a XS1, forks from a RD350, etc.

Still need: fuel lines, clutch cable, throttle cable, rear turn signals, bracket for license plate and brake light, battery, mufflers etc, etc, etc.

Edited by - steve barker on Jan 17 2008 5:02:40 PM

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
very nice! is it going to stay see-thru? sharp!

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76cb750
'82 cx500 (but mine is cool, i swear. Why don't you believe me?)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
very nice! is it going to stay see-thru? sharp!

'72 cb750
'75 cb750
'76cb750
'82 cx500 (but mine is cool, i swear. Why don't you believe me?)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
...stunning. beautiful bike, mang! you should be proud! cheers!

"Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
...stunning. beautiful bike, mang! you should be proud! cheers!

"Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, guys! Sorry I haven't answered those questions, but I'm a slave to my job at the moment. I'll log on here this weekend, I hope.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, guys! Sorry I haven't answered those questions, but I'm a slave to my job at the moment. I'll log on here this weekend, I hope.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Are you kidding me! That shop is way too clean! Throw some oil on the floor....oh, very cool bike as well!

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Are you kidding me! That shop is way too clean! Throw some oil on the floor....oh, very cool bike as well!

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hoopsnake, the fabric I used is from an auto upholstery store, A-1 Foam and Fabric in Santa Ana, CA. It's the kind of fabric used on car seats.

Pampadori, yes it's going to stay see-through. I don't have anything that needs to go in that space anyway.

Texy, did you figure out what model my bike is?

Here's a few more photos, in case that helps:

Sorry the photos are so crappy. I got this new camera; it's supposed to be so great. It has telephoto! It has autofocus! It has megapixels! But I can't take a clear picture with it to save my life.

Edited by - steve barker on Jan 19 2008 4:27:18 PM

1 - 20 of 50 Posts