Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Ernie from South Bend, IN. I’m sick of full faired race replicas. The technology is great, but there just way to cookie cutter for me. I currently ride a 2001 Suzuki SV 650 S, with the fairings removed. I’ve really liked the café style for quite a while now. Simple, striped down, all business. I've decided it’s finally time for me to start putting together one of my own. I’d like to find something pretty much complete, don’t need the fenders, turn signals, those kind of things as they will all be replaced. It doesn’t have to be running, but would like a free turning motor. I’m looking for a CB 500 or 550 four, or a CB 350 or 360 twin. Don’t want to spend eBay kind of money, was hoping someone on here would have something sitting around that they’d like to get rid of. I’d be willing to travel a decent distance to pick something up. If anyone has anything, you can e-mail me at

[email protected]

Thanks in advance
Ernie

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
ernie,

don't sell ebay too short yet.....

lotsa good finds for what you want in indiana and illinois that i pass on as they are way too far for me......look under parts and accessories under parts bikes too! sometimes they are sold with titles, however they keep that underwraps as it is illegal.

good luck!

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I see cb350s in IN from time to time on eBay. Catboy's dad lives in IN, and I've thought about seeing if he could fetch a bike for me once or twice. Don't know what it's like where you are, but craigslist in Detroit has been chock full of bargains lately.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, once in a while there are some deals on eBay. I do search the parts bike section quite a bit. I just wish people understood that it's for "parts bikes" not parts. I'll have to check the Detroit craigslist, usually don't look that far. I've got my eye on a CB 550 now, so I might be in luck. I missed a great deal on a 350 twin on the WERA site a few weeks back. Oh well, so go's it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have a RD 350 lined up. Not exactly what I was looking for, but I've always had a soft spot for 2 strokes. Plus it's a runner, not much to get it where I want it. Though I'm always on the lookout for a good CB.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unfortunately the RD fell through. I'll just keep hunting. I've got plenty to keep me busy till I find something.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Might have something in Detroit. I'll know by tomorrow evening.

“Riding is and always will be my first priority. Through the distractions and inevitable failures in other parts of my life I know that all I have to do to feel better is ride.”-Ryan Clark

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might have something in Detroit. I'll know by tomorrow evening.

“Riding is and always will be my first priority. Through the distractions and inevitable failures in other parts of my life I know that all I have to do to feel better is ride.”-Ryan Clark

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a 74 CB750 you could have for $400. Been sitting a while but has good compression and is complete. I am in upstate NY

Rochester, NY
74 CB450
73 Triumph Bonnie 750
80 KZ1000 drag/street

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a 74 CB750 you could have for $400. Been sitting a while but has good compression and is complete. I am in upstate NY

Rochester, NY
74 CB450
73 Triumph Bonnie 750
80 KZ1000 drag/street

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The search is over. Got a 73' CB450 in Detroit. Thanks for the offers though, appreciate it. I'm sure I'll be bothering everyone on here for tips and advice in the month to come.

Ernie

·
Registered
187 Posts
Consider the 750 yours TEX.

Rochester, NY
74 CB450
73 Triumph Bonnie 750
80 KZ1000 drag/street

1 - 20 of 26 Posts