Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a phone call yesterday from one of my best friends, he was wanting to get a bike and was thinking about going and buying a harley v-rod (puke) but we wised him up to the fact that he has never ridden a bike, and that he needs to start out on something he doesnt mind laying down. Well apparently, his aunt had this bike just sitting around, not running, and he's picking it up for the best price, free. It's an '81 honda CM400. He really likes my RD project, so he is wanting something cafe/streetfighter style. I'm working on sketches right now. I don't know how bad off the bike is right now, but i'll get pics up when i see the beast. just looking at CM's on the net, i'm thinking remove the fenders, protaper bars, custom seat, tail lights and a rear tire hugger, and we might have a pretty cool scoot. has anybody here modded one of these bikes or have pictures of one all fixed up? also, what are common known problems, so we can make this bike "better than new" when we get it put together? thanks a ton you guys, and i'm sure he will thank you too!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts