Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Post some pics and give some details. Or I will tell Geeto that you did a poor job of filling out your Bio.
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You gotta love cafe BMW. Here is my 1984 R100. I will be plugging up the hot air return and attaching some K&Ns similiar to your set up.
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t224/pedro_puku/?action=view&current=DealsGap002.jpg

Also my old K75 I "cafe'd" out a few years ago. I sold it two years ago.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t224/pedro_puku/?action=view¤t=bikes3004.jpg

Keep 'em flying!

Petey aka

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

Edited by - Pete Casper on Jul 02 2007 08:36:25 AM

Edited by - Pete Casper on Jul 02 2007 08:39:37 AM

Edited by - Pete Casper on Jul 02 2007 08:42:02 AM

Edited by - Pete Casper on Jul 02 2007 08:42:56 AM

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
jeez casper, why don't TRY to lean a little? christ your pipes are like 2 feet from the pavement!!

JS

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Hey man....that ain't even the apex of the turn yet....Let it be known that my valve cover tapped the ground just after that picture was taken.... which means you are leaning as far as the bike will go and any more angle your ass is on the ground!

Yeller'
---

Edited by - Pete Casper on Jul 02 2007 12:39:44 PM

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Pete,
An R11 Drain plug is the same size for the head plugs. I just lost one and had to replace it on my 83 R100. Cheap fix $4.
Just because a beemer is dragging doesn't mean you can't go through that corner faster. I scrapped the hell out of my covers the first time out on the track. Scary hits too. Now with better lines, better throttle input (On the gas), hanging off, and stiffer susspension, I rarely touch down.
Cool bike you got there.

BFD and I saw 3 sweet VRRA racers this past weekend in Quebec; an R65, an R75 and an R80. All had been lifted and a couple had the lower frame rails that were removable to pull the engine out the side in about ten minutes.
Beemerless rider no more soon.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
That must have been fun to watch. If I stay with this sport of motorcylce racing (I am sure I will) and don't knacker myself up too much on the CB350, than I am thinking of racing the BMW in Fromula I with USCRA.... I just like it as a street bike too much right now to convert it.

Yeller'
---

·
Registered
453 Posts
geez i need to do another beemer twin. i'm a certified beemer tech and i dont have a single one out there lol. holy fuck that thing is crazy looking, what kind of speeds were you seeing during that video? and what turbo were you running?, has the trans had the conversion kit with the new gears and shafts? or are you still running the cast gears?

fat people are harder to kidnap

Edited by - fuzzybutt on Jul 04 2007 3:11:25 PM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts