Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why. Know I haven't posted in a while. Apologies. Work has been insane lately and tonight is the first night I sat down to work on my cafe project in a while. Tonight was "Strip the shitty wiring out so I can do my own" night.

After seeing this..... all I could think was "This is gonna be a long night."

Got it ALL THE WAY down to the running BARE essentials and will redo the wiring from there.

I don't know who or how many people have touched this bike but I found 2 killswitches, 5 wires soldered into each other, other wires that were stretched (as in 2 foot of wire ran just to connect a wire that could have been connected 2 inches back) and a spaghetti wiring HELL.

But at least I made progress.

I'm going to bed know. Hope everyone has at least got out to ride once or twice since the weather has warmed up.

Have a kick ass weekend

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
seems lik you are on the right track. A word of advice - use a lot of shrink tube and tape, you will want all your hard work to be water resistant if not waterproof.

good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, that'll clean it up nicely too. i gotta figure out what kind of lights and turn signals i want though.

Anyone have any recommendations for a nice big headlight (like the stocker? my mount is broken) and turn signals that stick off the forks?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
i always thought a repro lucas flamethrower would be pretty trick...on the right bike anyway!

·
Registered
699 Posts
i have some small signals that actually mount to the headlight posts. click on the thread in my sig and look at my front end set up on my RD, i have an extra set of those turn signals if you are interested.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL catboy that's some funny shit, i'll photoshop that on my bike sometime for shits and giggles.

i'll check out your thread 2smoke, thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by Imlost

Was that wired by a kid?
Considering it's had a very large amount of owners (somewhere around 6) i'd say there is likelihood that many people have attempted to wire it lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts