Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.robinmarti.com

not that kind of art, the dude's a huge bicycle fan in philthadelfia...... and i'm proud of his art so i'm showing it off....

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
jb, wassup? where ya been? how ya been??

hey, seen me stirring the pot over at the swarm board?

like the fish ones.

where the hell are you now?

jc

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, i've signed on for the first time in ages on the swarm today..... went through the thing except in the "general" board cause there's just too much to read there.

i did post a question about the laverda thread that i should ask here really: how the fuck do they handle? i've heard from a guy in switzerland that they are blocks of shit, to shorten his description.

i'm in the middle of them woods in france until i get a new visa to work in the states. the company i used to work for has asked me back in to work at a big contract they won in DC. shit commute but i'm working on getting a company car (no company motorcycle program!). i should do it so i can check out your improved XR100 short track skillz.

hey, aren't there some people on this board that build fixed gear bicycles?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I build fixies as well. Not professionally, just turning dumpster frames into something ridable for myself and friends.

And I'm in DC.

Lemme know if you end up here. Be happy to help you out.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
laverdas are big, long, heavy, and very, very fast. they are unbelievably well balanced and are a fantastic motorcycle.

i will have a jota and an sfc one day in my life.

if you can buy one, buy it. they don't depreciate.

good luck.

tex

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JB

hey, aren't there some people on this board that build fixed gear bicycles?
i too am a hopeless velophile. my fixxie remains in a state of suspended animation at the moment...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, as you all can see by clicking on the link, me bro is an avid fixed-G rider in the mean streets of fili..... flat city indeed, so no need for a motorcycle nor a car license, brings shame on a family of rally enthusiasts, but pride in the art he does. fixed gear bikes do command respect from my part as i tried to ride one in December. note the usage of the word -tried-....

fucking things suck! be a real man an put an engine on that thing!

or so i thought until i saw these awesome displays of color, and in that way i give y'all mo' props for the pain your calf endure.

again, i'm really proud to be related to this kid who's got a great future ahead of him, doing the things that he loves and torture him all at the same time.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
bar none, the purest form of mechanical human locomotion! quite a humbling experience, no? unforgiving too!

"...and DON'T forget to pedal!"

your brother is a talented motherfucker!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:my fixxie remains in a state of suspended animation at the moment...
Just like your (gay) motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
good to see that you all get nap time after lunch.

texy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
by the way, his "landlord/roommate/friend" is the chick behind www.girlbikedog.com (damn, i feel like i'm plugging a lot of shit on this thread) the bags are tough enough for him to carry his paints and tonza arts supplies and his frame pad is the one that says "Haute Savoie 74".... the state we're from, number 74, Haute Savoie, google it if you dare....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

hehe, allow myself to to hijack the thread from.. myself......

the kid's best friend lives in san fran, but is going to college in panama city (aviation skool). so now that classes in FL and in PAFA are done the two met up and drove cross country to SF. stopped in mount rushmore (pic) and the bro rode the fixxi all the way up, a feat. but a day later (his friend drives a prius and beat al gore's kid's land speed record) they were in you-jean argon, where they were spending the night and the bro got his bike stolen. apparently it's worth somewhere around a grand (which is something i don't understand cause it don't have to engine in it!) and the bike got stolen. the next day or later that day they find out that some guy who lives down the street took it, rode it for a few hundred yards and just couldn't do it and fell hard and broke his ass! the bike's fine. he pushed it for about a mile, still trying to ride without gears or brakes, and just said "fuck that shit" and left it. bro found it and a neighbor told him the story and was laughing his ass off. he's definitely not putting brakes (or an engine for that matter) on that bike now!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
by the way, rosko, apparently the stuff that comes out of your shop gets he and his friends all wet all over and sends mucho respect to your works!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts