Discussion Starter #1
it stops and it goes well

decided it will get a heavier DID chain which I have already sprang for

kick lever is bent :-(

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the chain guard for it is going to be a MFer but I cannot see running it without one being a good idea at all

that little one fails and all hail could break loose

so it will be totally enclosed in stainless tubing except they will be cut away to clear the outside bends of the sprockets

and guess I'll incorporate something light and tubular for the drive chain as well

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
HackA,

What a Rube Goldberg setup that is. Why not just brake on the left and shift on the right? Its not so tough.

Ken

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the foot clutch is on the left and the shifter is via hand.......... that lever you see in the first picture

robbed off a surgical tool used for splitting sternums

doubt Rube would want any part of riding this suicide machine

anyhow...... at one time it was setup with the brake and drive chain on the same side

7 inch drum stamped steel thinner than 0.100"

shoes 7/8" wide and would fade to nim before it slowed the bike down from 90

couldn't handle the power either since it let go of the riveted sprocket three times

only sprocket choice was 41T

needed a cush drive, and an actual working brake on the rear, when it got the belt

sprocket changes on that wheel are very easy and I can go as small as 22T

make more sense now?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, and the other objective is that any of this stuff will bolt directly onto any of my other flatties without modification to any of their stock frames

the only exception to that are the two tabs welded to the seat post which serves as an anchor and pivot point for the dual air chamber seat shock

so had to work with the holes that exist for everything fabbed up for it

a good question is why not cable it from the midship

well there is a good reason why that wasn't a good idea within the bolt on objective or I would had and it would have been much simpler to do

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Makes some sense, except why do you need any stinkin brakes anyhow? Just pitch it in to the turn and hope for the best.

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts