Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a '75 RD250 that i've been working on, but i found a decent '73 cb750 that i was thinking about picking up. Its got 14,000 miles, leaks a little oil from the bottom of the crankcase, and has been repainted. The carbs need to be rebuilt and could use some fresh plugs. It has a highway bar welded to the frame that i was a little leary about, although it looks like a professional installed it. What is a good price for this bike?

thanks for the help!
bruce

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wouldn't it weak the frame if it was welded on? I guess it depends on how they cooled the steel afterwards. It could be just a quick cut off and grind the welds. Not sure though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rusty - not too sure, but thats kind of what i was thinking. i dont think it would weaken the frame, if it didnt, i think it would be a good buy. i still need to know what a fair deal would be on this bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Bruce. Tough question. Kind of vague without pictures and more info. Also really depends on the area. Recently there seems to be a CB750 popping up daily here (Seattle) on Craigslist. Anywhere from $900 to $2500 for one that runs and isn't some crazy custom thing. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts