Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 722 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one,I just want to interoduce myself and to let you know that this group has already been a wealth of knowledge towards my CB350 build.Im looking forward to your input because im surely going to need it. Also just to you let you know the reason im building a race prep cb verses a cafe racer street is all due to meeting Midge and TT at Millville. Just seeing there bikes both on the track and off really inspired me to change my mind and just go racing. So their the one's that I hold fully responsible for doubleing the cost of this project. Here are few pic's of what I had to start with.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
keith-

glad to hear you're joining the 350 mafia. can you have it ready to race by september?

for pics, upload them to a host site, then you can wedge the link in between the place picture code from the "reply to topic" window....i think.

-tt

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
if you put the pics on photobucket, then copy the img code , on cafe click the pic icon place the link between the img img then you wind up with 4 imgs erase the big ones and it should work, its much harder to exsplain then do

img put link here img

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
cool welcome! dont ask me for help though. i only build cheater bikes.

see you at summit.

your life will never be the same.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
quote:Originally posted by keith99

Having problem posting pic's, can anyone help me. Thanks
gotta upload em on your interwebs someplace, then manually type in the location between tags (without spaces, i added those so that the code would display).

like so:

[ img ]http://whereveryourimage.is/located/at/awesomepicture1.jpg[ /img ]

[ img ]http://whereveryourimage.is/located/at/awesomepicture2.jpg[ /img ]

got it?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yeah, that Midge fellow is a real bastard. He's convinced me to join the fray as well. Now I just need to set about actually getting my bike setup properly.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
proper setup only leads to josie-like cheater issues, or silly-pretty-midgely show bikes....throw the thing together and race the piss out of it.

-tt

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i'll be silly pretty pissing the race out of mosport with joise, and if you dont come im going to red mulch your whole yard

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im still having problems posting the pic's. I even had my wife try and still no pic's and she way smarter than me. Any other ideas.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
if you put your pictures on photobucket
then copy the link under the picture
paste it into one of these reply to topic windows
it should look like this

[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/hopatcong/Picture001.jpg

except it will have [IMG] on both ends
i had to delete the one on the end so you could see it like this if i didnt delete the img the picture would show up

you dont have to click the insert image icon in fact it makes it harder because you then have to delete one set of [img]'s

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey midge, I did a cold commpression test this past weekend and got 178 on left and 177 on right side. That not to bad. Ill be taking the motor up to our local bike shop this week and pulling the head and have one of the tecs look over everthing. Ill install the tennsioner and with any luck not have to replace to many other parts. Also i should have that CB 450 front drum and new linings comming this week.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
keith,

i used to live in somerton (19116) but now i live in fishtown (19125). email me if you need any help. is that your bike that borz posted the picture of? if so....good color on the tank.

tex

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think september may be wishful thinking. Hey Tex nice meeting you. I may take you up on some of that help because I really don't know what im doing and that is the bike I have to work with. Ill try posting more pic's later.

·
Registered
65 Posts
not sure how the 350 engine is catered for as far as race prep is concerned in the states.
theres a lot made over here in the uk. were it is popular as a racer.
we make the frames etc.
our chassis used on a 350 won the aintree classic 3 years running

i can give you links to performance parts suppliers if you wish.
good luck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 722 Posts