Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good distributor to get some quality low budget shocks from for a '78 KZ650?I know low budget and quality don't usually go together but something in the $200 to $300 range.I'm looking for something to do lap days with and some frisky riding here and there.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I have the progressive suspension units on my Seca550 race bike. They work really well at race speeds on the track. I think they cost me about $250 from Dennis Kirk. I would suggest considering slightly longer than stock to gain ground clearance and quicken steering. With a KZ650 you can race ARMHA middleweight superbike.

Ken

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I think Bateman posted something about the YSS shocks. I think he was looking for input, too re: racing use.

Ken

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i think you can probably get srs works for just about the top of your price range. i paid 550 for my drs alum bodied ones. but they are fantastic. hagons are pretty good too. talk to the guy in ct about them. someone here will have his info. ive heard hes a great guy to deal with.

jc

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had Hagons on my '78 Suzuki GS750 and liked them. Can't say they were any better than the Progressives on my CB350 though. Both are reasonable quality shocks for the money.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input guys I'm going to do a little more research again all the help is appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts