Registered
7,125 Posts
didn't come in last in the 350 GP.

Did you see the sidecar flipping? Uggh.

S

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
The side car crash was pretty hairy. We had lots of 4th, 5th, 6th, and later finishes, but now wins. Johnny crashed in the bowl chasing down D. Evans. Tony's bike once again ran poorly and got worse through out the day. Mike O. was consistently fast on his 350 twin but wasn't enough to catch the Courts, Nichols, Rabby, Will E. train. All in all there was some really kick ass racing to watch. I ran the 500gp on the BSA and got to do some fast laps for once. Really looking forward to the 500gp next year. One of my favorite high-lights of the weekend was watching J. Branson on his Honda 175 take a second to Doug in the 200gp and watching him hold third right behind Strempfer in the 250gp. Johnny B's little Honda was pulling with the of them in the 250gp.

Thanks to Jd's parents for riding out on their Harley from N.Y. just to check us out for the last 2 events.

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
way to go jeremy!!! i'll have a beer for ya!

i hope mike doesnt mind finishing there, thats pretty much where hes going to get stuck. if you finish last in 350gp, you had better broken down. there are some really slow people out ther. ive come close on my better days to passing people 3 times. thats slow.

jc

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Joe - The only reason why you kept passing the same people is cause you kept falling down. "Hey didn't I already pass that guy, or wait... did I pass him before or after I was talking to the corner worker".

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats not funny.....well, it is kinda....

jc

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
passing the same people, hahaha

monday was a pretty good day for me. getting consistently faster in corners but get passed on the front stretch too often. oh, and I didn't crash. I didn't see the sidecar crash either but heard it was a wild one. I did see John crash though. there was contact in the chute just before the chicane. from my angle it looked like Will and John bumped but they were all going to make it in. then I saw John off in the grass trying to hold it upright and then do a pretty sharp looking endo. got a little nervous when he didn't move for a good 30 seconds but he started to move and got up before the corner workers got there. glad to hear he's doing ok. Tony and MikeO's battle in masters was a good one, quite a few back and forth passes. Aaron is making some speed down the straight on the BSA and pulling some good lap times. with a tuned b50 he'll be fighting for top three in 500gp next season for sure. yeah my folks rode their harley from ny, then on the way home they stopped and bought my mom a Rebel 250. scary, she's never ridden a motorcycle before but she's pumped. never thought in their 50's they'd start riding. I think this winter I'm actually going to do some work on the racebike. it needs some motor work. sick of everyone telling me how much my bike smokes. well, thats it, no more racing for me til spring. have fun at summit if you're going

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Yeah, i decided i'm tired of getting passed on the straight. I either gotta add horsepower or lose 35 pounds.

I'm full on the gas, letting it run up to about 9000, and then it goes flat. (Actually, it's probably not pulling after 8)

This winter I hope to do some engine work to increase power. I am pretty sure the engine is totally stock, but I want to open it up this fall and see what's going on. New pistons, valve job, maybe new carbs. We'll see. I remember your smoking . . . Scott

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I think Joe's Honda runs that way too. Joe? Is that right? I think I remember just short shifting it.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if hes running a 350/2, chances are its not making anypower over about 9k. they definitely fall flat on thier faces by 9500. if its got good comp and a leakdown shows not much, then go with gearing. i crap out on the straight too. im pretty much tached out at the end. just past start finish. a good drive out of the chicane is really important. i also think i have a tranny issue that keeps me out of top gear at times. but that could just be me.

if youve never opened it i can tall you what to buy before hand. chain tensioner from chris m. its a slipper. it takes a little work to get it in but it might be worth it. run his iggy too. i have the barnett clutch with heavy duty springs. ask anyone and they'll tell you one thing my bike does do nicely is hook up. i can get wheelies out of the chicane if i really dump it. (either that or i spin the rear and crash) grab some pistons and valves etc too. if youre going to open it, might as well do it all.

good luck.
hope that helps
j

1 - 12 of 12 Posts