Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a recommendation on a good vintage-bike race school? In the Midwest? This Summer? I got a line on YMI Racing (Yellow Menace International) and they'll be at Grattan, MI in June. A bit too early for my wallet and my schedule.

I wanna do it on my old Honda and don't feel like catching hell from the Ninja posse.

Honda go sideways!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Krapfever,
I am now planning on being at Grattan in June. YMI would be a fine race school. Grattan is a good track to learn on. What bike do you want to ride? I will have my CB 350 and probably Seca 550. It is a fun place and the AHRMA group is good. There is camping at the track or there are some hotels not too far away. You should reconsider your schedule and budget and make it happen. I would be happy to help you out at the track. I will be back to the lower 48 in 2 more weeks and back to my bikes.
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I used to endurance race with team visa, for a few races. You can buy race bikes with student loans too. Ask me how I know. See you at Grattan.
Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i'm sponsored by my uncle mastercard and my aunt visa.

see ken, i knew we had something in common.

i wish you would have told me the student loan trick, before i graduated......

texy

p.s.- are you back from alaska yet?

"dude, my boots feel like they are filled with rain slushies!"

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Hey Tex,
Still not back to the land of he living yet. We have 1 week of students and then I have another week of admin stuff to finish. We will be back in WI on May 25th. I can hardley wait. It was snowing again today and I still am riding my snowmobile around. I will probably put it away in another week or so once the snow melts enough to dig the storage spot out. The door still has about an 8 footdeep snow drift in front of it. We might have the school truck out by the time I have to get to the airstrip for the flight out.
Yeah, back in the 80s, a student loan for 1 semester would pay for a Kawasaki GPZ550.
Tex you need to make a Grattan race. It is a cool track.
Ken

AHRMA 412

1 - 7 of 7 Posts