Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Judey,
Nice try, but you should have plenty of time to get the bike together since you don't have to go to work. You should have the race frame as a rolling chassis, by now. Just put some tires on it. The forks are completely rebuilt and the shocks are still good. The motor runs in the Gold bike, too.

Ken

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
yeah...pretty weak using the "i'm a broke college student" as an excuse, being that i built a bike (CB350), learned to race, and won a championship while in college.

slacker!

2 degrees tex and 1 wera national championship mawby

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
yeah...pretty weak using the "i'm a broke college student" as an excuse, being that i built a bike (CB350), learned to race, and won a championship while in college.

slacker!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Modest fella, ain't he.
Just kidding, not bragging if its true.
so by building to ahrma novice production class specs we would still meet wera v1 requirements, maybe just not as competitive. which is ok, cause like whiskey said, no racing experience.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Modest fella, ain't he.
Just kidding, not bragging if its true.
so by building to ahrma novice production class specs we would still meet wera v1 requirements, maybe just not as competitive. which is ok, cause like whiskey said, no racing experience.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
burnt,

i raced my first year in ahrma proddy light weight and wera 350GP.

you guys will have alot of fun with this, and i hope to see you trackside somewhere this season.

cheers,

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
burnt,

i raced my first year in ahrma proddy light weight and wera 350GP.

you guys will have alot of fun with this, and i hope to see you trackside somewhere this season.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm not short and fat, I'm short and BUFF! I should probably go vegan for a while so I'll be scrawny (like tex) and down to maybe 120. That will put my personal HP-to-weight ratio way up there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm not short and fat, I'm short and BUFF! I should probably go vegan for a while so I'll be scrawny (like tex) and down to maybe 120. That will put my personal HP-to-weight ratio way up there.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

slacker!

My buddies were "Student Loan Racing" in the endurance series for a couple of years. Student loans are cheap money to go racing on. Judey should be able to get a complete race bike finished except for tires with all the stuff he got from me. Not including all th 350 stuff he had. He needs to sell that KZ440 that was part of the FZ deal and get some leathers.

So, how many new CB350's are we going to have out next year and where do they live? We could have newby 350's and Beertopia 2010 at mid - Ohio.

Ken ( I have 3 degree's and 1984 Middleweight production endurance national champion) Essex

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
quote:Originally posted by texmawby

slacker!

My buddies were "Student Loan Racing" in the endurance series for a couple of years. Student loans are cheap money to go racing on. Judey should be able to get a complete race bike finished except for tires with all the stuff he got from me. Not including all th 350 stuff he had. He needs to sell that KZ440 that was part of the FZ deal and get some leathers.

So, how many new CB350's are we going to have out next year and where do they live? We could have newby 350's and Beertopia 2010 at mid - Ohio.

Ken ( I have 3 degree's and 1984 Middleweight production endurance national champion) Essex

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Hold on fellas... broke college student with 3 kids</u>! Student loan racing would be a good idea, if that wasn't how I was (trying to) pay the rent. Truck needs tires & brakes too. CB360 needs tires and a battery... Catboy's moving and gold bike may be going from his garage to Girl's this w/e, so motor may be going in this month. Speaking of motors, I also have a type I runner. With which do I prefer in the racebike Ken?

Still waiting on some take off tires...

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Hold on fellas... broke college student with 3 kids</u>! Student loan racing would be a good idea, if that wasn't how I was (trying to) pay the rent. Truck needs tires & brakes too. CB360 needs tires and a battery... Catboy's moving and gold bike may be going from his garage to Girl's this w/e, so motor may be going in this month. Speaking of motors, I also have a type I runner. With which do I prefer in the racebike Ken?

Still waiting on some take off tires...

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
type 1 if you are running it stock!

type 1 if you are running it modified.....just don't lose the cam!

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
type 1 if you are running it stock!

type 1 if you are running it modified.....just don't lose the cam!

tex

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Tex - Why type 1 if you're running it modified? Assuming you're talking a new cam as part of the modifications, wouldn't you have to get a modified type 1 cam from megacycle, i.e. a higher lift type 1 cam? And won't the non-type one cams coming from megacycle already be higher lift than a stock type 1?
And assuming porting the head is going to be done correctly won't any high flow abilities from the type 1 head be equaled on the non-type 1?

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Tex - Why type 1 if you're running it modified? Assuming you're talking a new cam as part of the modifications, wouldn't you have to get a modified type 1 cam from megacycle, i.e. a higher lift type 1 cam? And won't the non-type one cams coming from megacycle already be higher lift than a stock type 1?
And assuming porting the head is going to be done correctly won't any high flow abilities from the type 1 head be equaled on the non-type 1?

Craig

·
Registered
191 Posts
i've seen some talk of vintage racing in texas...i'd love to get involved, but health insurance is my main hang up right now. i'm self-employed (i.e.: broke).

i have a '69 cb350 coming in, that's the bike i want to turn into a track bike. i also have another '72 parts bike that runs coming as part of the deal. a good start and some spares, at the very least.

alex, i'm originally from the ferndale area, moved down here this past spring.
i've seen the races at grattan. i would suggest the cb. i think when you're learning to race, having to deal with the rd's powerband is yet another challenge. seems to me, the cb's would be a little easier to learn to ride the track on.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i've seen some talk of vintage racing in texas...i'd love to get involved, but health insurance is my main hang up right now. i'm self-employed (i.e.: broke).

i have a '69 cb350 coming in, that's the bike i want to turn into a track bike. i also have another '72 parts bike that runs coming as part of the deal. a good start and some spares, at the very least.

alex, i'm originally from the ferndale area, moved down here this past spring.
i've seen the races at grattan. i would suggest the cb. i think when you're learning to race, having to deal with the rd's powerband is yet another challenge. seems to me, the cb's would be a little easier to learn to ride the track on.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I agree with Texy if you are running a stock motor. I agree with Tex again if you are running a modified motor with a stock cam. I agree with Craig if you are changing the cam, cause then it doesn't matter.

Stock engined RD's are pretty easy to race. Ported RD's with big carbs are a little more challenging.

Ken

21 - 40 of 51 Posts