Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I agree with Texy if you are running a stock motor. I agree with Tex again if you are running a modified motor with a stock cam. I agree with Craig if you are changing the cam, cause then it doesn't matter.

Stock engined RD's are pretty easy to race. Ported RD's with big carbs are a little more challenging.

Ken

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
craig,

all i was saying is if you went to the X5 cam, don't lose the stock one as someone may want it down the road....your buddy, family member, etc....

i should have been clearer.

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
craig,

all i was saying is if you went to the X5 cam, don't lose the stock one as someone may want it down the road....your buddy, family member, etc....

i should have been clearer.

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
whiskey,

we'll try to save you a spot!

we should be close to the garages in the lower paddock.

cheers,

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
whiskey,

we'll try to save you a spot!

we should be close to the garages in the lower paddock.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Tex - Got it. I was trying to understand if there was a super secret trick to using the stock stuff in a modified motor.

Jackshite - I agree with you about insurance. I don't understand how some are willing to even try to race without health insurance. I guess that's like thinking with the little heaad instead of the big head. Passion overcomes common sense I guess.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Tex - Got it. I was trying to understand if there was a super secret trick to using the stock stuff in a modified motor.

Jackshite - I agree with you about insurance. I don't understand how some are willing to even try to race without health insurance. I guess that's like thinking with the little heaad instead of the big head. Passion overcomes common sense I guess.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Tex - Beertopia at Mid-Ohio. This could be epic this year. I'm planning on being in the same garage as last year. bj and JoeT have expressed an interest in being in there as well. I'll have my camper again. We could plan a bbq of some kind to go along with the beer. I'll see if I can keep from falling out of bed this year.

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Tex - Beertopia at Mid-Ohio. This could be epic this year. I'm planning on being in the same garage as last year. bj and JoeT have expressed an interest in being in there as well. I'll have my camper again. We could plan a bbq of some kind to go along with the beer. I'll see if I can keep from falling out of bed this year.

Craig

41 - 51 of 51 Posts