Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the price of gas I may be riding a bike for my 50 mile daily commute to the studio. Can anyone reccomend a good rain suit? I see them in all price ranges and would appreciate any opionions. I hate to spend $200 when a $40 suit will do the same or better job.

I realize a touring forum may be a better choice for this question, however I don't belong to or know about any.

Thanks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Jack,
last year going to up to Laconia , rain all the way, so stopped at walmart off 106..picked up a fishing Stearns jacket...it poured all day , jacket was completely dry, I'd guess they have pants ..about 35 bucks I think..

dch.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i commuted about 5000 miles last year on the bike and the best rain gear i had was a bright yellow rain suit i got in Cali. years ago at a garden center for about $15 or $20....not too bad i'd say....

Ride Fast and Take Chances

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
If you are serious about riding all year check out aerostich. It's expensive but well worth it. For me it's the Darien jacket and AD-1 pants. I rode all winter and not that "when it's nice" riding. I'm talking snow, sleet, rain and -11 degrees. The suits are waterproof and I'll vouch for that. I actually raced in mine OVER my leathers all weekend and stayed dry underneath. This thing is made for motorcycling. One upgrade I went for was the elec liner, it kicks ass when temps are below 0. I know people who have 10+ year old suits.

The other option I have heard good reviews of is the Rev-It suits, no personal experience though.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

Edited by - ROSKO on May 21 2007 4:47:19 PM

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice! Keep it coming.

Rosko, no, I don't plan on riding all year, just in better weather but need a suit if I am caught in rain on the other end of the commute. My Miata gets almost as good MPG as my sportster, so I am not going to be crazy about it.

I don't think it is possible to ride all year here in upstate NY. we get WEATHER up here, not like your little dizzle in the city...

Hey, did Jenn D make it to the races?

Hopefully will see everyone on the 11th.

Jack

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Id check the big camping /sports outfitters seems they always have something high tech that breaths and is lite wieght .breathing being key most rain suits are HOT AS HELL inside.You get wet from sweat not from the rain.So its where I would look as well.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
revit suits are great! however they don't hold up with direct contact to asphalt. good fit, repels water.....perfect.

texy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts