Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times have I heard that? :rolleyes: Now it is my turn to say it. I have this little V Star that sits in a corner of the garage. I never intend for it to sit, but it does. I think it has gotten a whole 30 miles in the last 2 years. Now that I am recovering from a broken kneecap, I can't ride the R6 or the GS550....because I only have 95 degrees movement in my knee and they both have rearsets. So I figured I's get the V Star running again. Aside from the mess that 2 year old gas made of the carbs, I als has to rebuilde the side stand switch and sort out the driving lamps both of which weren't working because of some oxidized contacts.

It's running fine, now.....:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Isn't it funny how just going through the carbs makes the thing run like new. My 350X hasn't run in 5 years with everything stuck. Cleaned the carbs, one up on the pilot, new plug, oil and walaa...........2 kicks.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice!.
Stick with your PT and gain back your movement.
Thanks. PT, finally, starts on Wednesday. It has been 2 1/2 months since I broke my knee, and 2 months since the surgery! I am finally out of the brace and ready to start therapy.

.....I am thinking I may just ride to the therapist. We can gauge progress by which bike I can actually ride to the session. ;)

Stage 1. V-Star
Stage 2. XR400 (This might be a later stage since it is a kick start, but the kicker is on my good side)
Stage 3. GS550 (Mild rear set location)
Stage 4. R6 (Aggressive rear set location)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Screw it, I give up. I am gonna go with the flow. I've decided that this is going to be the base for my next bad ass cafe bike......

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
The year I did PT for my sheared tibia and 95% tear in the MCL the only time I rode my Ducati was to PT...I did manage to keep racing at the time but mostly cause at the time I didn't know how much damage a pit road 10mph T bone had done to my knee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts