221 - 240 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Big Bad Bob Dog for the gif win!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm pretty sure with the NYC video you will see more of these "mob-rider's" in the future inspired by the NYC video. I'd say where ordinary citizens use to be worried by the 1% bike gangs will be now replaced by the 99%'ers mob-rider's. You can be sure it will not take long for cops to start drawing hard lines on all mc riders in any size group.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Cruz is a liar and totally unconvincing in the interview, as unconvincing as he will be if he does take the stand in front of a jury. His only hope is that the jury includes a bunch of his buds from the ride. He looks justifiably scared in the interview. Better get his Vaseline ready cause he's going to get some time in prison.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Best lawyer is that guy from NY that has the chrome Lamborghini plated "winning".
That fool is only a divorce lawyer. LOL.. I think he knows better than to get into sticky situations like this.
Whats the worst that can happen from a bad divorce? The key is to represent the juicy couples in a divorce..

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
That fool is only a divorce lawyer. LOL.. I think he knows better than to get into sticky situations like this.
Whats the worst that can happen from a bad divorce? The key is to represent the juicy couples in a divorce..
He owns two lamborghini's and a big house on LI so clearly he is no fool. His name is Bryan Salamone by the way. I met him once in Nassau County family court. He seemed nice, a little oily but that is my impression of nearly all of the divorce attorneys on LI (case in point Dominic Barbara). Surprisingly the divorce lawyer pool on Long Island is not very big, even still there are only a few at the top - the rest are just trying to hump out a living before they keel over of a heart attack at their desks.

What's the worst that can happen from a bad divorce? plenty. If you don't think a bad divorce can lead to jail time and/or bad behavior in real life then you do not have any imagination. Some day I'll tell you about the client I had that cold cocked her ex husband in the middle of a child custody hearing. I could also tell you about the client a friend had that was caught purchasing an illegal firearm off an undercover FBI agent....but I won't.

I don't think Juicy is the proper adjective in this situation. It just makes me think of those people in wall-e that were too fat to walk.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
I can't say that I agree on his theory that the insurance companies should pay for the interest on your loan or what you owe on the vehicle. they insure the vehicle itself and should pay only what the vehicle is worth. A lot of times people will roll an old note on the trade in into the new note, Insurance shouldn't be liable for that. We pay enough in rates already.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I can't say that I agree on his theory that the insurance companies should pay for the interest on your loan or what you owe on the vehicle. they insure the vehicle itself and should pay only what the vehicle is worth. A lot of times people will roll an old note on the trade in into the new note, Insurance shouldn't be liable for that. We pay enough in rates already.

Well the nice thing about insurance is they are agreements. If you want a policy that pays fair market value you can get it, if you want a policy that pays replacement value you can pay more and get it. The market and competetive nature of the vehicle insurance providers means there is better value than it used to be. Remember when the only way to get a better rate was to go to a different insurance company? not anymore now there are companies that automatically issue you discounts the longer you go without an accident.

Not every vehicle is the same type of insurance. My 1967 GTO would do lousy under the current late model fair market value scheme because it isn't actually fair market value - it's a formula that takes into account purchase price and depreciation. Vintage machines work better under agreed market value policies that allow you to adjust the agreed amount yearly. My GTO went from being a $3000 rust bucket in 1997 to a $16,000 rust bucket in 2007 so it is nice to know that if the GTO were every destroyed the car would at least pay out to what I think is a fair market value.

As far as interest on loans and insurance - Why you buy insurance is to make you whole in the event of a tragedy. It would suck if your car got totaled and instead of being paid out on it so you could get a new car you owed more money and you couldn't buy a new car. Really this is meant to protect the banks because it is harder to collect from someone in the situation where they have no car but are still liable for payments, but it has the nice effect of not putting the borrower's nuts in a vice. Again because of the competetive nature of the auto insurance industry I don't think this will cause a significant increase in rates even if it was manditory (which it isn't - yet).

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
He's upset with the media because he only smashed out the window and drug the guy out so he could protect him from the mob.:) Since the video stopped after the window got smashed everyone is saying they had no part in the beating.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
I haven't been following this closely for a while... is that seriously his argument? He was trying to protect the guy?

-Deek
It would be if Gloria Allred was defending him. I was being sarcastic. He's a thug in the video and he is proving himself a thug in the courtroom. I'm sure it will go a long way with the jury having that attitude.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
looking at the picture of the pos again and thinking how a good billy club strike would bust both hands and his nose in one swing,made me grin

·
Registered
419 Posts
It would be if Gloria Allred was defending him. I was being sarcastic. He's a thug in the video and he is proving himself a thug in the courtroom. I'm sure it will go a long way with the jury having that attitude.
Gotcha. Yeah if his lawyer is any good at all, she'll have that picture barred from evidence and dress his ass in an Armani 3-piece for the trial.

-Deek

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I've watched the video a couple of times, it really doesn't look like the Range Rover slowed down at all in the initial incident?
If he had braked and not knocked him down, none of this would be happening

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
I've watched the video a couple of times, it really doesn't look like the Range Rover slowed down at all in the initial incident?
If he had braked and not knocked him down, none of this would be happening
There's no evidence that he knocked him down or that he even touched the back tire at all. The video moves away too soon. One report shows that Chris Cruz actually stopped ahead of the RR and walked the bike backwards to pin the RR in.
I think it's clear they both slowed down, the RR just not as fast as the bike.
Go back to the link to the Jawa Report on post 190 and read that.
I've read conflicting reports as to whether you can see Cruz's brake light come on or not.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
There's no evidence that he knocked him down or that he even touched the back tire at all. The video moves away too soon. One report shows that Chris Cruz actually stopped ahead of the RR and walked the bike backwards to pin the RR in.
I think it's clear they both slowed down, the RR just not as fast as the bike.
Go back to the link to the Jawa Report on post 190 and read that.
I've read conflicting reports as to whether you can see Cruz's brake light come on or not.

The problem I have with Meises story, or his wife's version of it, (That he was going to help his fallen fellow rider, and that's why he was in front of the RR) is that Cruz was not knocked over by the initial hit. If you watch the video, the "hit" happens at 27 sec, and at 29 sec you can see Cruz still up and riding. So who was Meises going to help?

26 sec, the bump:

29 sec, still up and riding and no bike down in front of the car:

and here he is at 31 sec putting his feet down:

since the vid is off you tube, here is the liveleak url:
LiveLeak.com - Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC.

221 - 240 of 297 Posts