Cafe Racer Forum banner

261 - 280 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
or BLACK PEOPLE.

/edit: And I beg to differ on the 'husband' or 'wife' part. Usually when you get fucked with by cops, you more or less know why.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Doesn't matter where you're from, I've found a cop is a cop. One of my best pal's is a cop in Sydney. Nicest guy you'd ever meet. One of the worst people ever I know is a cop. He's a shit cunt. Just depends who gets the ticks in the right box's. NYC cops are a fucking weird breed to me. Not as pure scary as the Sydney cops I've run into, who can do a bunch of shit and get away with it, but for try. Most of the ones I've run in with have been dumbasses.

"no officer, I'm not turning my camera off. Tell me the law saying I'm not allowed to have this rolling even if you're pulling me over." Camera wasn't even on. You'd be happy to now Kezza, just after the Jackie getting back into Brooklyn. He didn't know what to say.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Call me crazy, but is it actually possible the undercover cops on the ride might have been doing their job and covertly infiltrating the group?

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Call me crazy, but is it actually possible the undercover cops on the ride might have been doing their job and covertly infiltrating the group?
It was reported early on that the under cover who didn't want to blow his cover was not investigating the motorcycle club. To be involved in a crime while under cover by being involved with beating on the vehicle with a child in it is crossing the line of covertly infiltrating I think. If he was why has he been fired is being brought up on charges or is that part of his cover too?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Not undercover. Just cops.
This is an important distinction, especially in New York.

A police officer in NYC is required to intervene in an unlawful act when able, even when off-duty. (Most off-duty cops are required to carry) Those lines are very clear and they're enforced. But when the officer is under cover, those rules become murky.

-Deek

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Meh. Thats NYC. here in GA the mornings are ncie and cool and the weather is beautiful. Great day for a ride.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
What was the final outcome of the Asian idiot running a guy over, and zipping away at full - throttle like a girl?

Danger, is my business."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
No excuse here, to drive over a motorcyclist. Stupid cowardly Asian. He wasn't surrounded by Genghis Khan's hordes. I don't see the bunch of riders doing anything other than being mildly amusing, and annoying dicks.

If the driver does not feel safe in a British touring truck, maybe he should have stayed home.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I would have run over as many bikers as it took to protect my family, even if I realized
I had fucked up and angered them. Just because someone is on a motorcycle does not mean I'm on their team.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Protect a family from what exactly?

As far as I could see in the video, the family wasn't at any genuine risk. They were actually more at risk by the dumb actions of the driver. Paranoia, panic, stupidity, poor judgment, and cowardice, does not justify vehicular assault after a minor traffic collision. He could have just pulled in or stopped, locked the doors, and maybe called the cops.

There is a big difference to reacting to a genuine threat, than just freaking out and pissing your pants.

Never underestimate the craven cowardice, and the full instantaneous variety of driver stupidity at the drop of a hat. Or the drop of a bike.

BTW, how has this case panned out?

Danger, is
my business."

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
BTW, how has this case panned out?

Alexian Lien beating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A total of 15 people were arrested, 55 motorcycles were confiscated, and 69 summonses were issued in connection with the September 29th event. Eleven suspects were charged in connection with the attack

The charges against most of the bikers involved in the incident were lessened in December 2013 because of the lack of severity of injuries to Lien. “The victim’s facial wounds look to be healing in a way which does not constitute facial disfigurement under the law,” said Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass. The defendants, who were facing up to 25 years on charge of gang assault, could face up to 15 years if convicted on the lesser charge of attempted assault and attempted gang assault.[SUP][42][/SUP]
Several defendants have accepted plea deals. Allen Edwards and Edwin Rodriguez were each sentenced to five years probation on charges of second-degree assault and first-degree rioting.[SUP][39][/SUP] Craig Wright, Jason Brown, Kalik Douglas, Clint Caldwell, and James Kuehne also pleaded guilty to the same charges.[SUP][43][/SUP][SUP][44][/SUP] Christopher Cruz pleaded guilty to second-degree assault and riot and was sentenced to four months in jail and five years probation. Reginald Chance pleaded guilty to felony assault and criminal mischief in exchange for two years in prison and three years post-release supervision. Of the men charged in the attack, only Robert Sims and Wojciech Braszczok have cases still pending.[SUP][45][/SUP]
Police have stated that they do not plan to file charges against Alexian Lien. In December 2013, Lien filed a civil suit against the city of New York for the involvement of an off-duty police detective in the attack. The suit accused the police department of failing to properly train their officers.[SUP][46][/SUP]

261 - 280 of 297 Posts