Cafe Racer Forum banner

81 - 100 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I like one of the questions in the comments:
Question: "How the heck does the wife of the injured rider know what happened? Isn't he in a coma?"
Response: "I believe he came to her in a dream- or she has jedi powers"

HaHaHa!

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
All those good law abiding biker witnesses told her. The report said the RR driver shouted obscenities at the biker. I never saw the drivers window down so that's probably BS.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
NYC is a fucked up place.
Escape From New York doesn't look so far-fetched or look like a bad idea anymore. Does it? I'll take the Caddy with chandeliers.

efny21.jpg

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
On a side note, thankfully this did not happen in a concealed Carry, or Open Carry state. If it had, the outcome would, likely, have been far worse. Chances are that even if the SUV driver had been carrying, many of the riders would have, as well. The headlines would probably been, "Family of three, including child, gunned down in the street."
Yeah that's it...I'm use these thugs wouldn't carry a firearm right now because the state said they couldn't....

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Yeah that's it...I'm use these thugs wouldn't carry a firearm right now because the state said they couldn't....
Of course they were, that's why is some reports half the bikes scattered when they got near the check points.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Of course they were, that's why is some reports half the bikes scattered when they got near the check points.
not likely. A motorcycle checkpoint in NYC checks 4 things:
- License
- Insurance
- Registration
- Inspection

If you do not have all four of these things they will CONFISCATE the bike. Impound. Ever see the NYPD impound a bike? they get a flat bed and they stack the bike agains other bikes like cord wood. Likely half the bikes scattered because the riders didn't have licenses. They will also run your license and if you have any outstanding warrants (even for a parking ticket) they can arrest you. For some reason, there are a lot of motorcyclists that don't have licenses in NY. It couldn't be because of NY's draconian and marginally retarded licensing scheme....maybe all those stuntaz are just lazy.

FWIW the PD can perform a spot check inspection of your bike and if you have a non visible plate, missing turn signals, non DOT equipment, loud pipes, or any other equipment violation they can issue a summons on the spot. How through do they get? I once got a summons for riding with my eye protection on my forehead instead of on my eyes - I had done this because they had fogged at the light and I didn't have enough time to clean them. Yes, $40 ticket because I moved my goggles to my forehead for a block. jackbooted thughs.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
I'm not saying all those that scattered were due to CCW, but I would put money on some of them were.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
i would put money that out of 1000 riders you'd be hardpressed to come up with 3 guns and I betcha 2 of them would belong to police officers.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Ok but you have to frisk them!

a gun, esp an unlicensed one is such a hassle on NY and carries real jail time that if you are caughwith one you'll wish you weren't born.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Ok but you have to frisk them!

a gun, esp an unlicensed one is such a hassle on NY and carries real jail time that if you are caughwith one you'll wish you weren't born.
I am aware of that, NY is one of the worst for gun laws. Doesn't mean the bad guys don't carry. It just means fewer law abiding citizens have them.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I didn't mean for this to become a gun debate. I am not anti-CCW or anti-2nd amendment. Quite the contrary. And I have no doubt that there very well may have been guns in the group. My point was, that in this situation, had the SUV driver been carrying (legally, with permit and all), and tried to use that weapon, the situation would have escalated way quicker and been far worse. If NY allowed CCW, then for sure, even more of the riders would also have been armed, and obviously they had the mindset that "if I am wronged in the slightest, I have the right to do harm or intimidate." The situation would have ended horribly on the freeway, in a scene resembling Custer at Little Big Horn.

But I do feel that he used the weapon that he had available to protect himself and his family. I see no difference in what he did vs. what any pro-gun rights person would say about using a gun in the case where he, or his family were threatened.

Reactions: o1marc

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Well I dated a girl from upstate NY and she was quite nonconservative in the sack....and on the bleachers...and in the car....and on the bike.....and on the porch....and by the lake....and at my parents house with them in the next room.... Still grin thinking about her ;);););)
Was her name Linda by any chance??? Sounds like her, many years ago.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Laura...so hot...curvy and 6'ish....

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I am aware of that, NY is one of the worst for gun laws. Doesn't mean the bad guys don't carry. It just means fewer law abiding citizens have them.
Actually Up State, where I live, it is pretty easy to get a Concealed Carry Permit. I have had one for 33 years and never even owned a handgun (my dad had many). But, the permit is not good to carry in any of the brougohs of NYC, or Nassua County. I think nearly 1/2 the population of Delaware County has a permit, or at least it seems that way.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Must be some pretty stupid bad guys we are talking about. I'm not saying bad guys don't have access to illegal guns, but you have to have an IQ measured in fractions to take your illegal weapon on something you know is going to get cop attention.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Must be some pretty stupid bad guys we are talking about. I'm not saying bad guys don't have access to illegal guns, but you have to have an IQ measured in fractions to take your illegal weapon on something you know is going to get cop attention.
So you think the pack were all geniuses?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Not in the slightest, but we have to be talking about the galatically stupid. This ain't a Baggie of oregano we are talking - it's a mandatory 3.5 year minimum jail sentence that can't be shortened or plead out.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
This whole story rattles me. I got so upset seeing the footage and frustrated with how the pack mentality removed all civilized thought. What was the guy that first got bumped thinking?!! Super sad story. If the driver of the RR truly was the instigator, the real story should be how he carries around those gigantic balls everywhere.

CR.net, whats with the borderline racists blather from some of you? Do all old white dudes turn into racists in their 60's? i was hoping it was just my dad!
The biker gang could have just as easily been white dudes with huge egos too.
I know you don't mean anything by it, but the fact that 3 or 4 of us picked up on it, you get called out. :)

If all black males gang bang and carry illegal handguns - then all old white dudes are never wrong and know better than anyone else how to do anything and everything and their ability to point out other's mistakes has no rival.

81 - 100 of 297 Posts