Cafe Racer Forum banner

121 - 140 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
cultural precedent wtf? as far as I am concerned the hate crimes laws should have never been enacted, but now to use them only for certain races is wrong, discriminatory and racist
What do you mean "certain races". They use them against every combination of race if it is based on hate towards that race whether it is black on white, white on black, black/asian, etc.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
unfortunately sometimes things which have no bearing on race get tossed into the hate crime bin in order to either sway public opinion or to hang someone out to dry.

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
jag....you aren't doing yourself any favors.

we have digressed to silliness almost warranting of deletion.
im just having fun at this point.

i only come here for fun. I have other places for rabbling and others for deep conversations.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Wow, leave the kids alone for a while and look what happens :D
I didn't read all the 8 pages since last visit, anyone see the comments on Yahoo?
Seems there are a lot of psychopaths driving around just waiting to run over 'bikers'

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Here's a little background info on the guy who got run over. I have absolutely no sympathy for him at all, only for his family who will have to deal with the results of his recklessness the rest of his life.

"Edwin E. Mieses, 26, of 17 Bernard Ave., Nov. 28, charged with operating a motor vehicle after license was revoked, illegal possession of a Class D narcotic, operating a motor vehicle with defective equipment and on five outstanding warrants;
Arrested Again in May, Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.
In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show."

Edwin Mieses Jr was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in MA was revoked until 2017. "Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.

Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learner’s permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.

Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.

In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show."

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
I can't believe anyone would operate a motorcycle in NYS with out a license.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Only rebels without a clue would.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
And all this time I was worried that illegals would have a chance to get a valid driver's license...

The national news is all over this story. The one(s) I watch pretty much have it right on with the story - "I'm impressed" as I expected it to be all backwards and presented incorrectly. I even saw one news cast that presented how these monkeys were different than say a 1% club driving down the road. I' really thinking that NYC will be not very motorcycle friendly for a real long time. If you are riding in a group size larger that 2 - you will be pulled over - no doubt...

As above - I don't feel sorry for the kid that got his A** run-over. (that caused the accident to start with) I do feel sorry for the other kid that got run over while trying to help the first idiot. It looks like that kid will be also paralyzed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As above - I don't feel sorry for the kid that got his A** run-over. (that caused the accident to start with) I do feel sorry for the other kid that got run over while trying to help the first idiot. It looks like that kid will be also paralyzed.
The one that caused the accident wasn't seriously hurt. It was reported that he suffered "minor back pain" but I think that's from the clip-ons.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
And all this time I was worried that illegals would have a chance to get a valid driver's license...

The national news is all over this story. The one(s) I watch pretty much have it right on with the story - "I'm impressed" as I expected it to be all backwards and presented incorrectly. I even saw one news cast that presented how these monkeys were different than say a 1% club driving down the road. I' really thinking that NYC will be not very motorcycle friendly for a real long time. If you are riding in a group size larger that 2 - you will be pulled over - no doubt...

In these pack situations in NY if they try and pull you over and you run they have been ordered to not give chase. I feel less sorry for the guy the got run over because he finally got paid back for his life history of illegal activity, God works in mysterious ways.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
The one that caused the accident wasn't seriously hurt. It was reported that he suffered "minor back pain" but I think that's from the clip-ons.
BS, it's minor back pain so he can have an excuse to file a lawsuit. Fortunately he was cited as the cause of the accident. He'll be lucky if he isn't sued by the RR driver for inciting the riot that followed and all of his injuries plus emotional distress and anything else he can come up with. If I were a juror I would award the family millions.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Race, in this instance, is irrellevant. What is rellevant is this question.

You are invited to go on a big ride by your buddy. He tells you that there will be filming and some wild riding. Curious, you go. Say a cager unwisely merges into the pack and you start to see what happens in the video. When the car is stopped for the second time you are as close as the camera man was to the driver's door.

Here's the question:
Do you have the balls to try to stop the ass kicking and potential murder? or do you call the cops and hope like hell they get there in time? or do you get the hell out of there because it's none of your business and you didn't sign up for that shit?

Keep in mind, I won't judge or praise you for any choice you make in this instance. The true answer will only be made if you are in this scene and facing it. hopefully you will never have this test.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
If I saw clearly that the guy didn't deserve an ass beating, I'd attempt to stop the ass beating.

121 - 140 of 297 Posts