Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm mostly a lurker as my CM400 is a riding project. I'll post up a thread in the project thread soon. Anyways, I installed a MAC 2-1 Megaphone exhaust since the stocker was beyond hope. After installing the exhaust it's quite raspy. Not bad...but not good. I mean I've been riding it like this for pretty much the whole summer but would like to try something different. I thought maybe pull out the baffle and see if it's tolerable at all. Ummm NO. lol. WOwzers! I think the dead are still banging on their caskets tell me to shut it. I noticed that it's just empty and there's no glass packing. If I wrap the baffle with some glass with it tone it down a bit? It's like there's a pack of pissed off bees in my muffler.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yes, some 'glass will quiet the bike down, and I don't think you'll lose much performance. I suspect adding a reverse cone would do the same, but that would require some fabrication and welding...

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yes, some 'glass will quiet the bike down, and I don't think you'll lose much performance. I suspect adding a reverse cone would do the same, but that would require some fabrication and welding...

FR

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do most bike shops carry repacking material usually or can I used any other type of glass to pack in it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts