Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Those are kinda cool.
would have to assume its NOT a carb clean and fresh gas away from riding.
my gorilla math is that every "barn find" is $500-1000 away from the road, if nothing is actually broken.
thats also assuming I'm doing the labor.

so does $2k-2.5k buy a dirty running with a bashed tank?

is there someone that will pay the $1500? Sure I bet there is.
i see $450 worth of fun, but I'm massively cheap and if I really want a bike I'm willing to out the leg work in to find one for what I'm willing to pay, remember these aren't rare.
other side of e coin is this.
is it close and you really want an RD?
if so the sting of paying "retail" Should dissipate with time and all you will have is the bike you wanted.
cant always be about the money

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey , That looks sweet compared to the $200 RD turd I'm polishing now. It would be nice to know what overbore it is on, if any, and if and when those crank seals were replaced etc. to estimate a fair value. If information and history were " unknown " ... and if it were in my area... I'd offer $ 600. I'm keeping an eye on this 350: Yamaha : Other in Yamaha | eBay Motorcycles

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Can't be good that you know the bills exactly....
I tried to figure what I was into a project once and all but cried

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Can't be good that you know the bills exactly....
I tried to figure what I was into a project once and all but cried
I'm retired .. so I have to keep track of the $$ :rolleyes:

shit that's not bad...where do think you'll end up at. i don't even want to say how far down the rabbit hole i am on that cb550 project i started.
Around $1900 +/- .... but keep in mind it is a rescue project, not a UK Tony restoration !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts