Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
I've just about had it. I've played around with allot of RD's but my new one I'm building up is just giving me issues. Any other RD guys out there feel like emailing me?
thanks
-Matt
[email protected]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Blam!,
I got it. Well I ended up replacing the points and using a dial indicator to get the timming as close as I could. Of course in order to fix the exhaust leaks I had to pull the motor out of the frame. Grrrrr that sucked. But when it is all said and done, the bike is a ripper and pretty darn fast. Just need to fix the clutch adjuster so I don't have to jockie shift it through town anymore.
Later
Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 79 RD400 Daytona, I'm not sure of the last time it ran, it has 30mm mikuni's on it, with DG performance pipes, and a wiseco piston. My problem is that the engine will not start. I think it may be the battery cause it receives no spark even when it is on a 6 volt battery charger. Would you happen to know the exact battery needed for this bike. I will be greatful for any help given.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the Daytona used a CDI ingition setup which rocked compared to the points. I'll look tonight and see what the numbers are on the battery. You should be running a 12 volt battery for that beast. The RD's won't run worth a crap with a low battery in them. A 6volt charger won't be able to get you the needed current you need. Start with a fresh battery, and let it charge and go from there. You may have other issues but start there. You can email me at [email protected] if you need more help.
Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts